Prescott Or Northwood

Timmy

Guest Faux_Carnival
http://207.44.153.198/infommercial.html

visit to see prescott's are running hot...

But i am now using a prescott 2.8 and when i cool it with a Zalman CNPS7000A and downclock it a little bit  ;) i have no problems

of course if you downclock something your probably not gonna have any problems. What temps do you have with the prescott 2.8?

thank you nerm,

with original fan that came with the CPU: 67 degrees (full load)

with Zalman CNPS7000A-Cu: 54 degrees (full load)

with Zalman CNPS7000A-Cu downclocked 0.1V: 49 degrees (51-full load)

GUYS, IF YOU DON'T HAVE A GOOD COOLING, DO NOT BUY PRESCOTT!!!

PRESCOTT IS BURNING!!!

http://207.44.153.198/infommercial.html (no dirty site)

crap! you bought those for JUST folding only? either you are really after the points or know somebody with cancer. BTW those are some ok folding rigs lol.

EDIT: now I know how you made it to #3 in the folding ranks.

Well Cancer does run in parts of our family. I have several machines folding, Intel and AMD, I have a 3.2EE folding that will OC to over 4 ghz that would be a gaming machine, the one in my sig. theres also a 2.6C upstairs folding and I had a 3.0C I just built and am letting a friend use it as long as he folds with it was the deal. My Sony 2.8 laptop is folding 24/7, I have around 16 to 18 machines folding 24/7. To many to list!

:foldon:

I don't know why everyone is having thermal problems with the Prescotts, it all depends on the HSF you are using. I just recently bought a new Abit Ic7-Max III, a Prescott, and a Thermaltake Spark 7+ Xaser Edition. Yeah it might be a tad loud on the highest setting but if you leave the speed knob a little over halfway it is pretty quiet.

Anyways with this HSF I am running about 39C (idle) and 46C (load with 2 SETI processes at once, CLI Version) And those temps are with my 2.8 OC'D to 3195Ghz.

There may be better processors out there, but I am perfectly happy with my Prescott, especially when it cost me only US$167.00 an NewEGG.

Hienrich Jager

Guest Faux_Carnival
I don't know why everyone is having thermal problems with the Prescotts, it all depends on the HSF you are using.  I just recently bought a new Abit Ic7-Max III, a Prescott, and a Thermaltake Spark 7+ Xaser Edition. Yeah it might be a tad loud on the highest setting but if you leave the speed knob a little over halfway it is pretty quiet. 

Anyways with this HSF I am running about 39C (idle) and 46C (load with 2 SETI processes at once, CLI Version)  And those temps are with my 2.8 OC'D to 3195Ghz. 

There may be better processors out there, but I am perfectly happy with my Prescott, especially when it cost me only US$167.00 an NewEGG.

Hienrich Jager

What is your CPU cooling system that gives those temperature results may I learn?

Prometia Mach II or sth?

I am using 2.8 prescott and you can't imagine how long it took me to reduce that temperature (it was 67 degrees at full load) (with CPU's original fan) I used this big cooling system to make it stable...

http://207.44.153.198/infommercial.html

DID YOU KNOW THAT 2.8 PRESCOTT IS 2$ CHEAPER THAN THE 2.8 NORTHWOOD! ;)

Edited by Faux_Carnival

Well Cancer does run in parts of our family. I have several machines folding, Intel and AMD, I have a 3.2EE folding that will OC to over 4 ghz that would be a gaming machine, the one in my sig. theres also a 2.6C upstairs folding and I had a 3.0C I just built and am letting a friend use it as long as he folds with it was the deal. My Sony 2.8 laptop is folding 24/7, I have around 16 to 18 machines folding 24/7. To many to list!

:foldon:

that is some nice setups there...I only have four rigs folding right now. all of which are athlon xp's. I am getting ready to add an A64 and P4 3.0c though. I have been trying to find out if folding helps chrones disease but no one seems to know.