X800 Pro Or X800 Xt

GmAz

$400 X800 Pro <==== Performs extremely well at a cheaper price.

$500 X800 XT <==== I'm pretty sure most people would agree its the best performer.

$600 6800 Ultra <==== If you are that set on PS 3.0 then this you card.

Thats if price means anything to you.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tack on a another vote for the XT man.

16 pipelines vs the 12 of the Pro series. Also, you should know that this card is being held back buy CPUs. It will really show it's true power on true 64-bit builds. When windows has a new 64-based OS... when AMD's make their chips faster, and most importantly, when MOBO makers start making awesome boards, instead of the mediocre to horrible 64-bit boards out there.

guys why r u telling him to go ati why not say wait and see the #'s i mean not 1 of us had a 6800 or a x800pro u guys r all bandwagears

Just got my x800 XT. works nice, but so far can't tell if it's any better than my old 9800xt when it comes to real world use.

Just got my x800 XT. works nice, but so far can't tell if it's any better than my old 9800xt when it comes to real world use.

Have you played Farcry with it at 1600x1200?

I have an x800 Pro, and I'd say if you can afford it go with the XT. I noticed quite a big difference in performance over my 9800 Pro in real world. You can't go wrong with ATI.

have farcry but have yet to install it on anything :( need time to play games!!!!! then again I haven't seen any lag in games in close to a year now... the rest of the system can compensate for a less than top of the line card if needed.

I'm kinda bummed cuz I had such high hopes for the latest round of upgrades and only 2 of them were better than I had. the 12x plextor dvd burner works great, the x800xt does fine, but the opteron 250 does me NO good when it won't oc at all :( oh well back to distro it goes for yet another one.

no, it's a new core all together. 16 pipelines vs the 9800xt's 8.

and it's not so much wasted money for me. think about it this way... would you buy a porche from a guy who doesn't own one let alone ever driven one? I have to have a monster computer to mess with new products on so I can sell and support them, along with know what products that I don't want in my store.

I'm actually looking forward to the x800xt pe and some form of 6800 to play with in the near future.