Will Pc3500 Ddr Work In An Nf7-s?

Yes.

The NF7-S was built with overclocking in mind, with the advent of processor locks becoming more apparent (multi locking) you will need a higher fsb than 200, maby 240? perhaps? And to run the fsb to ram in 1:1 ratrio, youl'l need the faster ram.

Hell, when the board first came out PC3200 wasn't a standard at the time so many places just rated it at PC2700, but it has full support for PC3200 speeds, and as much as you can oc it it will support it.

yes, as long as the fsb of the board is faster than the mhz of the ram...you should be good.

i had a box for a gigabyte KT7Triton and it said DDR400, and the fsb was 400...soo i guess it didn't support higher than pc3200.

1 stick of 512 3200 at 423mhz so far.....no problems.

i think at months end ill buy another stick and run dual channel if things go well wiht this one. however i think i should have most probably gotten some 3500. that board will take it and it will run with it.

Edited by robAP

Your board will run GUARNTEED with PC3200 (DDR400). But, if you overclock/underclock, you can run anything on it. The entire idea of overclocking is not running at rated speeds, lol. I've used PC4400 in my NF7-S, at slower speeds thou.