New Nvida Drivers V40.41

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After installing those drivers, I got this error messager once a while:

Run a DLL as an APP has ancountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry fot the inconvience.

Did you get did message?

Can we fix this?

I also noticed an other thing, usally when I right click to go in properties I can see those 2 tabs (MSI information/MSI Clock). But with those news drivers, those 2 tabs desappear.

Can I do anything about this?

I was using the 30.82 version

After installing those drivers, I got this error messager once a while:

Run a DLL as an APP has ancountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry fot the inconvience.

Did you get did message?

Can we fix this?

I also noticed an other thing, usally when I right click to go in properties I can see those 2 tabs (MSI information/MSI Clock). But with those news drivers, those 2 tabs desappear.

Can I do anything about this?

I was using the 30.82 version

I went over top of them. Just uninstall them and download them again :D

Ok, it can seem stupid, but the last time I uninstall my video drivers, I made a mistake somewhere and I had to format.

So, what should I do?

Now, I have the 30.82 driver install and the file 40.41 is not unzipped (not extract in the Nvidia folder).

Do I have to delete the Nvidia folder and extract the 40.41 (it will create a new folder)?

When I will delete the driver (by add and delete prog???) I will restart my computer, right?

When the computer will restart, window (XP) will tell me he had discover a new device. What should I do here? Should I tell him to look for the driver in the folder Nvidia?

Please give me clear instruction (lot of details) I don't have the time to format everything ;)

Thank you

I downloaded the latest for my Win98SE running a Ti4400 128Mg, and it seemed to have slowed me down about 800 points...??

Has anybody experienced lower scores running to a TV?

My system "should" be closer to 10k at defaults (after looking at what everybody else has), and in the system info section for my motherboard it says "Fast write supported but disable". I have checked my BIOS, and enabled Fast write, and all the other high speed AGP options, but wondering if the TV is making the difference?

Okay, over the weekend I tried both drivers, the new ones (labeled for 95/98/Me by Nvidia, 30.82 version lists Ti4400 as supported product). These gave me 3d2001SE scores at around 6000. Then I asked Device Mangler to look for updated drivers (not through the Nvidia control box), it found an "updated driver" and asked for my Manufacturer CD, I put it in, it rewrote the drivers, and now I show almost 8000 for benchmarks???

Another question: Is XP that much better for gaming than 98SE? It sounds like XP benchmarks much higher with the detonator drivers than 98SE with the 30.82 drivers. If I wanted to upgrade, does XP require a format/reinstall/NT file structure ?

• 2 weeks later...

Detonator 40 is the beta graphics driver for all NVIDIA Graphics Processing Units (GPUs). Detonator 40 supports 2D graphics, DirectX 8.1, OpenGL 1.4, nView Desktop Management software version 2.0, NVRotate. NVKeystone, Digital Vibrance Control and includes a new control panel and the CineFX emulator. Through NVIDIA