What Is Your Position On Cursing?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't care, as long as it's not really insulting or every other word, for example:

So I went to the @%#!*&$ store and got some &$#*%)* milk and then %$@*! walked back to my $#@%&(! house and poured my &$%@*(!# self a &%#$@@! glass of $#@%&$! milk. :lol: <_<

if it's the site's policy, then you won't be able to post that convo...you'll have to edit out the curses.

if you're asking personally, like Iggy said, if it's excessive then i don't like it, but not because of the cursing per se, just because it shows a lack of maturity.

I curse in RL...mostly out of frustration...like in sports or games, etc. (or while driving..lol..too many idiots on the road).

if you're asking personally, like Iggy said, if it's excessive then i don't like it, but not because of the cursing per se, just because it shows a lack of maturity.

I curse in RL...mostly out of frustration...like in sports or games, etc. (or while driving..lol..too many idiots on the road).

:withstupid:

I generally say "fark" or "crap" more often than anything else when I do curse out of frustration or pain.

I think I may have cursed 5 times in my life, usually after an incident of extreme pain. I never use it for daily problems like driving/gaming/whatever. Usually when I do stupid things that get me hurt. :P

I don't mind swearing as long as it isn't really heavy swearing. Like every other word. Like someone else said, it shows lack of intelligence. There are lots of other words in the english language that could be used instead. I do swear myself, but I don't do it alot to the point where it is annoying.

i curse alot...but i dont curse every other word unless i'm jsut craping around...that cencored word is "messing"=)...they are simply words...that should be used no differently then any other word...all you wordists out there who hate curse words and label them as curse words are all wrong cause words are words...they are all equal...in every sence of the word...lol even that sounds like i'm jsut messing around...i was actually being serious...lol

I think swearing/cursing/cussing, whatever you want to call it, is fine if used in moderation. I feel the words can be used tastefully, and, if used in the right circumstances can actually improve a piece of work. That said, I don't care for the use of words in every day conversation as filler words for more useful adjectives.

I've played rpgs where the word '.' was including sporadically through the game, and it was honestly acceptable, however:

"Thats craping stupid" <-- makes you sound like a 2nd grader.

As far as posting a chat log on the forums, which is what I think you were asking about, As far as I've seen it is okay, so long as it is in a link that is clearly labeled "explicit words". Also, I wouldn't be very thrilled to find that the humor of the log comes solely from the "omg he dropped the F-bomb 9 timez!!11! lol lol" factor.

I guess it all depends on the maturity level of the person who says it.