My Cpu Is Heating Up...

Hey guys just coming with another problem because you guys are cool like that.

I just recently downloaded Motherboard Monitor 5 and found out that my CPU is running at 49 deg. Celsius w/o even overclocking....Seems a bit hot, dont you think so? My processor is a Athlon XP 2400+ with stock heatsink/fan, but I am interested in buying a new heatsink/fan for it, preferrable copper based so things can run a little cooler. Any suggestions? I don't want one of those EXTREMELY loud ones, but loud doesnt matter too much to me. I do not plan on OCing my proc, just cooling it more. THanks!

Make sure you have cooling lube on your processor, when I forgot to with my new P4 it ran at almost 60 Celsius but luckily I only had for a few moments, when I put the lube on the processor contacted the copper and it now runs at just under 30 celsius but i threw in 5 120 fans just incase.

your temps are fine.... quite nice for stock actually....don't worry...

if you choose to change the heatsink... I am partial to Thermalright products....

but as mentioned... if you are not overclocking, then don't bother...

I have a couple F@H systems that are totally silent and have run at around 50c for months now

hmm if you don't plan on o/c then silent boost is alright... i've tried lapping and four different kinds of thermal paste using different methods of application and it runs about 38 idle and 48 load...

but the other day i came back to find it had run load temps of 49 average and 62 !!!!!!!! peak

so if you o/c, get something else...

that's weird that you say that. i have been running a k7 silent boost for a couple of months now with NO comlaints. temps were 32C idle, and about 44C load. now all of a sudden, 38C idle, and 49C load. still under 50, but closer than i like to be.

i know summer is here, but my comp is in my basement. it is still pretty cool down here, so i can't help but wonder is something else is going on to increase the heat that much. i know, it's not that much, but i've had heat probs before and they stink.