Switching From 56k To Cable

Ste

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, all that microsoft crap :P

The bozo's that came out to install my cable at my new place last week, never even heard of "CAT6" :smack: needless to say, I told them I'll do it.

I called up dell tech support and this indian women told me to boot from XP reinstall disk and had me repair system by reinstalling all key windows files but not a total reinstalll, what are the chances it will work now?, what could be causing this? btw they plan to come back this tuesday and i am keeping cable modem and everything in case it doesn't work, cause god blessit i won't let myself be on 56K forever. i appreciate the help.

when i got my modem it didnt work either we went through verizon dsl and adelphia. When we got the adelphia we decided to reinstall windows and what do u kno it works. A good install always does good thats what i think u should do. It wouldnt work at all before that.

Cable modems of course have MAC addresses, if the cable techs back in their offices, cant get it registered correctly, it won't ever work. Sometimes we encounter these certian people, and they make us believe it's your hardware not their software(or softheads).

Well i am bound and determined to get cable i don't care how many times i have to get a tech here IM GONNA GET IT.

Well i am bound and determined to get cable i don't care how many times i have to get a tech here IM GONNA GET IT.

I'm with ya man, if I had to go back to dial-up...I might as well shave too :lol:

I STILL CAN"T GET CABLE TO WORK

heres some info

Cable modem shows up as being connected, but no programs work with it

Says cannot connect IP adress 0.0.0.0

Attepts to repair IP adress gives me this message

The following Items could not be completed.

Renewing the IP address

Purging and reloading the remote cache name table of netTB

sending name release packets to WINS and then Starting refresh

Refreshing all DHCP leases and re-registering DNS names.

IN command prompt the folllowing things happen

I do Ipconfig/release then I do ipconfig/renew and get this

No operation can be performed on local area connection while its media dissconnected.

An error occured while renewing interface on local area connection 5 : The system cannot find the file specified.