Ok Harddrive Is At It Again

Ziggy54354

WD digital 80gb SE.

Heres my problem.. its being really slow. in sandra ont he storage test i use to get like 30... now its like... 15-20 and the seek time is in the 30's compared to like 9.3 which is what its suppose to be. ive tried this

Defraggin

antivirus

Change cable

none have worked and i do notice some stuttering in applications. mostly slowdowns in loading stuff. any suggestions?

don't forget to check the drive's settings, especially DMA. That should be on and set to 64k. Try setting your comp to 'network server' for drive performance in system properties.

Check your cable, when I had HDD problems, that was it. Just worth checking out. Also, see what the HDD setting is in your BIOS, with a big HDD it should be at "LBA" (you have to dig to find it though)

drive settings under: right click my computer and from the pop-up menu select properties. This takes you to system properties. The two tabs to use are 'device manager' and 'performance'

spyware/adware can be just like virus's at times especially when they build up and get into high numbers got a phone call last night with someonce complaining there computer was doin constant lock ups crashin ie crashing basically screwing up instantly i thought virus but when i got round there was because there was 87 different programmes that are specifically spyware based and 8,742 "traces" don't really know what they are but if there's 8 thousand of them it can't be good