Stereo Sound Through A Television With An Extigy?

cdoggown

I am trying to run my soundblaster extigy to my television so I can hear my MAME box while setting up. I dont want to have to buy another set of speaks and the video is already running to the television. I tried to do a search for stereo RCA adapters but I have no idea what the technical name for the connection into a soundcard it called, so I had no luck. Any assistance you can give me is appreciated. Also, I do not hav e a reciever, it is just my PC, my extigy, and my 27" Sharp tube.

sorry i was kinda confused by what you said, so your TV speakers are out is this correct? you just want to be able to watch TV using your PC speakers? that is possible I would suggest picking up a a pair of z-640's from logitech all you do is connect what ever you would like to the speakers the red and white wire to the adapter that they have provided in the box and run off the logitech speakers, a friend of mine did that and the speakers sound way better than normal TV speakers

Actually, I dont want to use PC speakers at all, I want to use the speakers built into my TV while I am using the TV for my display. The TV takes RCA jacks in for audio, but I have no place to plug them into the Extigy with.

you need a stereo 1/8th inch jack (I cant remember the name either, but don't let that stop you from going out and getting it) to RCA adapter. That should be all that you need.