Antec Power Supply

Is the Antec TruePower ATX 430-Watt Power Supply any good? Will it be able to have enough power cables to power 4 case fans, 1 HDD but possibly more in the future, 2 CD drives but possibly more in the future, and a Danger Den water cooling system with an Eheim pump? Would the Eheim plug into the PSU anyway? It says that it is 6 output so that makes me hesitate but I have some extra travlers checks that I needa use and I can get it at Best Buy for $100 a bit over priced but I won't use the travelers checks otherwise...Are there enough outputs is what I really need to know? Oh yeah it is $82 or $103 at pricewatch so not a bad deal at Best Buy.

I just picked up a TrueBlue 480 from Buy.com. It was $91.34. TrueBlue480 The trueBlue is the same as a True Power but it has Blue Lights inside that light up the PSU.

I went from a Antec 300 to this 480 and noticed a difference in the brightness of my Video Card. Also my core Voltage stopped jumping around as much.

Now for plugs I am running 4 HD, 2 CD roms, 1 floppy, 6 case fans. Plenty of plugs for all. Also there are 2 FAN only plugs. Very nice. These 2 plugs are temperature controlled by sensors in the PSU. This nicely slowed down my tornado to a nice easy listing level. And as my case heats up it automatically speeds up my tornados to compensate.

As for the a 6V plug I can not find any specs or info about a 6V plug on this PSU.

hope that helps.

Yeah that sounds really nice but I have to buy 1 locally but both PSUs are the same except for the blue lights? If so, I may be going out to buy 1 soon. Thanks for the help. Whoa I just got a pic of the True Blue looks sweet and has plenty of power connectors judging by the pic...

All,

A VERY important FYI when installing a PSU. The main power plug that goes on the MB must be 100% solid pushed on. This allows the MB to ground itself and all the PCI Cards. If this is not a Solid and I mean SOLID pushed on you can destory you'r PCI cards.

I have now blown up 2 Audigy Sound Cards because of this. I found this out tonight to be the reason. The Sound card being the most delicate will blow first. Well they did. I had just installed my new TrueBlue 480W PSU on friday and on saturday blew my 1st card and I blew my 2nd card tonight(sunday).

So make sure that 1 single plug is pushed on very well.

later

350W should be plenty. The other factors are your graphics cards and what speed those 80MM fans are.

If those are all tornados then you may start having problems. Then again you would be deaf too.

If everything is working then I would not worry.

what did you say,

oh sorry, no their not tornados, i have a geforce 4 ti 4400 by leadtek, and they are variable speed up to 4000 but i leave them around 2200

350 is fine <_>