Quantity<==>oc Results

I know this may be a bit redundant, but if you have one stick of 512 gig Pc 3200 Ram, will it perform better or worse than 2x256mb sticks of identical ram. (on an AMD system)

Im asking because i plan on upgrading to AMD mobile 2500 and my Pc2100 wont make the cut..

i'd recomend gettin pc3500 it's extremely easy to hit 200fsb with the mobiles and if you have some pc3500 then you don't have to start worrying about overclocking your ram instead you can just underclock it and have stupidly tight timings, an about the running dual channel mode i don't think it's a noticeable difference but some people on here do just think of it this way if you buy one stick of 512 you can always add another stick of 512 to make a gig where as if you had 2 256 then you'd have to buy two 512's to make a gig

yeah but you won't need pc4000 thats too much overkill unless your planning to hit 266fsb which on an amd is practically a dream lol, if you have only one module of 512 it'll be easier to upgrade in the future..

he's gonna have to get a new motherboard if he's turning to the amd side....

If you start with a dual chanel using the 2x256 you can add 1x512 for 1G latter and stick with the dual chanel thing. You just have to run the 2x256 in one chanel and the 1x512 in the other. You can confirm this on the AMD forums and here, just do a search bout 3 stick dual chanel. Course that is if you do goahead with AMD and the nforce2 mobo.

Have a nice day. B)