Fried I Need Help!

ok I let my friend OC my system in Signture ,

he changed it to a FSB of 145 , Vcore of 1.650, Ram settings of 2,2,2,12

Now it wont boot , no post no nothing , I tried Reseting cmos , pulled the battery, Tried new viddy ,

WHat do you think could be wrong with it?

Thanks

I have a AMD 2200 (133 FSB) (1.6 Vcore stock)

A7n8x Dlx

Corsair pc 3200 Dual Channel @:256's

Thanks!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the A7n8x is known to just die after changing bios settings. for some reson the asus bios gets easily corrupted for some unknown reason. i really dont see taking the fsb to 145 and uping the voltage frying any component in you system. any way you can test the ram cpu,and video card ? that would help you narrow it down to what failed

i have personally went thru 4 a7n8x dlx boards since they were first introduced seems about every 6 months it would just die. if it is you mobo try to see if the seller has a rma process. i know newegg handles mobo rma for up to year after purchase. if the seller doesnt have a rma for the mobo youll have to go thru asus for the rma.

Adjust your memory timings back to stock if you can get back into bios. If you set them to tight then you can have that happen. My a7n8x did that a couple of times trying to run the timings to tight for the ram i had.

I tired start it with ram plugged in , nothing , Tired a new video card , I guess I call ASUS :(

Is an option getting a retail unprogrammed bios chips , WHere could i get one

or does any boidy know THat one place where Asus gets thier Bios chips , maybe i could buy one off them

iTs PCB 2.0

Edited by Shadowfactor