Does My Ram Suck?

Hi all,

I have 2 sticks of 256 pc 4000 OCZ running in dual mode. Im considering getting new ram as im not very impressed with my current setup. I was thinking of getting 1GB of pc 4200 OCZ but would it be worth it or should i just get another 512MB of 4000? The best timings i can get on this ram is 2-5-3-3, im not quite sure if this is good or not. But do i need to underclock my ram when overclocking my cpu? I think i tried oc'ing my cpu and leaving the timings as they are and my hdd corrupted. Is this common? I mean, is it better to find a balance where i can oc my ram and cpu? Thanx for listening :rolleyes:

i would not get anymore ram as you wont notice any speed increase sure in benchmarks youll see a increase. in real world apps and games you wont be able to tell a difference.

you have the mobo,cpu and ram to handle a high fsb overclock. raise the latencys to 2.5 4-4-8 and go for 250fsb since the ram can handle it at 1/1 ratio if your mobo and cpu can keep up. or if your not overclocking sell the oczx and get some mushkin hi performance 222 3200 ram if you want to lowest possible latencys

I think ill get another 512MB of the same spec, cause my apps take up quite a lot of ram. The only problem i have is my mobo, it wont go any higher than 2.8v, this would cause probs if i wanted to overclock quite a lot right? What advantages would i get from say 4200 or 4400 if any? :O