Fan Speeds

hello, i have been having this problem for a while now and not paid much attention to it but now that im OCing it is worring me. Whenever i request a lot of power from the CPU (prime95, sisoft sandra, and others) i notice that my fans sound like they slow down a bit....i had my fan speed monitor up when i started a prime95 test and sure enough it dropped from 5900-6000rpm to 5800-5900rpm, and returns to normal when i stop the tests. I dont know if i should be worried or if it happens to a lot of pc's. I think i just need a new PSU but not sure.

Any help is greatly apprieciated. (sorry for the spelling lol)

try to re oil it.. take it out.. take off the sticker thingy.. and squirt some lube on it.. then spin it with your hand.. put the sticker back on (keeps dust out) and plug it back in.. it should fix it

try to re oil it.. take it out.. take off the sticker thingy.. and squirt some lube on it.. then spin it with your hand.. put the sticker back on (keeps dust out) and plug it back in.. it should fix it

no, lol thats not what i meant....they are all brand new fans, even the CPU cooler is brand new and they all do it (volcano7+)......they only slow down when i use the cpu hard (like i said before torture tests or benchmarks) and they return to normal when i stop the torture or benchmark. its like the CPU takes away the power from the fans. but i know what you mean.

thanks for the input. :D

ok, thanks. Which would you recommend me get? i have 5 80mm fans, my volcano7+ cpu fan, 2 12in UV cathodes, ontop of everything else in my sig. i plan to add more in the future also.

my curent antec 350wt has a 20A 3.3v, 33A 5v, 15A 12v, and a 2A 5SBv

hey i was looking at mine the other day i noticed while folding the sound from my pc changed when i closed F&H like the fans where speeding up a bit hmmmm new PSU i think i am using a bog standard 350watt at the mo problem is i just sleeved everything so i think i should be alright for a while

yeah sounds like the psu is getting drained pretty bad and i am also in the market for a psu and did a lot of research and come to find that a lot of people like the enermax 460, how can u beat 33 amps on teh 12v rail. so when i get the cash thats what i'm getting.