Introducing Linpack Xtreme Stress Testing Utility for Overclockers

Linpack Xtreme is a console front-end with the latest build of Linpack (Intel Math Kernel Library Benchmarks 2018.3.011) developed and maintained by ngohq.com. Linpack is a benchmark and the most aggressive stress testing software available today. Best used to test stability of overclocked PCs. Linpack tends to crash unstable PCs in a shorter period of time compared to other stress testing applications.

Linpack solves a dense (real*8) system of linear equations (Ax=b), measures the amount of time it takes to factor and solve the system, converts that time into a performance rate, and tests the results for accuracy. The generalization is in the number of equations (N) it can solve, which is not limited to 1000. Linpack uses partial pivoting to assure the accuracy of the results.

Linpack Xtreme was created because Prime95 is no longer effective like it used to be. LinX, IntelBurnTest, OCCT use outdated Linpack binaries from 2012. Modern hardware requires modern stress testing methodology with support for the latest instructions sets.

Linpack Xtreme is available for Windows, Linux, and as a bootable media. The bootable version is considered to be the most superior as the Linux SMP kernel is a lot more sensitive to hardware instabilities than Microsoft Windows. Watch this video for a short comparison of Prime95 vs. Linpack Xtreme.

Make sure to keep an eye on the temperatures as Linpack generates excessive amount of stress like never seen before.

Changes (v1.1.4):
* Fixed a crash on AMD Ryzen processors.
* Updated CPUID HWMonitor to version 1.43.

Downloads:
Linpack Xtreme for Windows | Mirror #1 | Mirror #2
Linpack Xtreme for Linux | Mirror #1 | Mirror #2
Linpack Xtreme Bootable Media

Edited by Regenerati0n

Of course its legit. I had another OCC account a decade ago, but I forgot the password and email I used to register.

If I spend time on something, why not share it with everyone else?

Unstable overclocks been bothering me for ages. Systems pass 24 hours of Prime95 blend and yet remain unstable.

5 hours of Linpack Xtreme on Linux is like 48 hours of Prime95. People are going to hate me after they find out their OC isn't that stable after.

Edited by Regenerati0n

Welcome back to OCC.   :)

Thanks for sharing,.. always nice to have another tool in the tool box,..

does the Windows version support AMD chips, including EPYS 2nd gen chips,.. and does it have a GUI now,..

I remember awhile back during beta testing you were working on AMD support, and remote monitoring was reason for no GUI last I heard. 

Edited by Braegnok

Glad to be back. Nice to see the site design hasn't changed much.

AMD is fully supported. GUI is planned for the next release on Windows.

But to be honest, its better to stress test on Linux, the SMP kernel is a lot more sensitive to errors.

Everyone has its own definition of the word stable.

Personally, I like my systems 100% stable without a shred of doubt.

According to my standards, 8-12 hours on Windows OR 4-6 hours on Linux with the highest problem size (RAM usage).

And if you use high level of LLC or adaptive voltage, it will be wise to run a short test with 1-2 cores to test idle stability.

Edited by Regenerati0n
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ga2svfFX8_I

The video above demonstrates the superiority of Linpack Xtreme versus the latest version of Prime95. The overclocked PC passed nearly 2 hours of Prime95's small FFTs torture test and yet completely crashed within less than a minute and a half (77 seconds to be precise) with the bootable version of Linpack Xtreme integrated on Porteus Linux.

Computer specifications: Intel Xeon W3680 @ 4.17 GHz (144x29), ASUS P6T (vanilla), 3x 4GB G.Skill Ares F3 @ 2304 MHz (10-12-12-31 CR1), and Nvidia GeForce GTX 970.

Edited by Regenerati0n