Overclocked 9600

Cyberbeer

Well I finally got the Omega drivers to work. Apparently it was a PEBCAK error :D

I'll include a pic of the OC, lemme know if this is a typical oc for a regular 9600. I ran artifact tester 5 to make sure I did not go to high. To be honest I am a little disappointed in the Mem Freq. did not go as high as I had hoped...

Edited by Cyberbeer

Never mind... I'm an idiot! :D

Pre coffee post!

OK... I know nothing about the regular, but I know the Pro and XT (according to info I can find) are already at their theoretical maximum of the memory chips so they are not know to OC the mem very well...

Not sure the speed of the chip (the Pro and XT use 3.3ns) in the 9600, but stock bus speed is 400 and you are running at 468 which is a pretty healthy overclock already

Edited by exeter_acres

Is your RAM speed stable? I can't get mine over 206 without issues. Anyway, my core runs a stable max of about 440. Overall, nice OC. You know what brand/speed RAM it has? How about some 3DMark03 scores? Just over 1900 with 405/207 here

Hynix is the brand. Now, to find their speed, look at the long string of numbers/letters on the chip. Take the last two numbers (ex: 33) and add an implied decimal (3.3) and divide 1000 by that number (1000/3.3=303.0303...) and that gives you your max speed. To get the max DDR speed, multiply that by 2

Woah, woah. There's no way the thing has 2.2ns ram. That card doesn't even have bga ram on it, so that's completely out of the question. Even my 9700 only has 2.8ns ram. 2.2ns ram translates to 910mhz ddr...I don't think so. Could you write down ALL of the stuff on the chips so we can see it? Most 9600 non-pro cards I've seen have 5ns ram so it runs at max speed at stock settings. Remember, that is the "cheap" version of the card, so they don't put great ram on it.