Can I Do It ?

Shadowfactor

I have A Amd xp 2200 and like 5 programs say i can overclock it to 3 ghz I want to get to 2.7 at least if possible I have a A7n8x dlx. and a Volcano 12 with AS5 . Can i overclock it that much What settings should i haver like Vcore and stuff ?

those 5 programs arent saying that you can overclock it to 3ghz. Its saying the max the type cpu can handle, in your case the athlon XP line can only handle 3ghz. So in theory there can be a 3ghz athlon XP. Im 99% sure u wont be able to hit 2.7ghz on ur setup safely

Yeah man try every chip is diiferent you might get lucky. Don't up any voltages until you have to when you get unstable. I haven't OCed a Athlon yet so i am not sure to go about it. What i would try is raise FSB by 5 MHZ at a time after every raise test for stability. Then when you are as fast as you can get drop your multi a bit and raise your FSB some more. Lock your AGP/PCI if you can.

Somebody please correct me if i am wrong here, as like i said i have only OCed pentiums. :)

When you up your voltage keep an eye on your temps, you can keep increasing your voltage to get stability as long as your temps are ok.

Edited by lorne

well for on get rid of that valcano 11-> it sucks for ocing get a swifttech ot thermal right cooler 2200+ @ 3ghz sounds a litte over stated i have a xp 2400+ oced at 2.5ghz and that was pusing it and that was with a swifttech mcx 462+ and a thermaltake smart 2 fan , also dont try to just jump it up super high at first , work your way up slowly, no point in burning up hardware

Yeah man try every chip is diiferent you might get lucky. Don't up any voltages until you have to when you get unstable. I haven't OCed a Athlon yet so i am not sure to go about it. What i would try is raise FSB by 5 MHZ at a time after every raise test for stability. Then when you are as fast as you can get drop your multi a bit and raise your FSB some more. Lock your AGP/PCI if you can.

Somebody please correct me if i am wrong here, as like i said i have only OCed pentiums. :)

When you up your voltage keep an eye on your temps, you can keep increasing your voltage to get stability as long as your temps are ok.

WHats a safe limit for temps ? I just put on AS5 today

I think it's locked but im not sure because the in the Bios it lets me change it and it boots but in cpu-z it says it's on stock.

Edited by Shadowfactor

ijagwalaafq there have been bartons that high but im pretty sure that they were on watercooling

as for temps I would say, well considering how high you want to go maybe 55<60 under load would be ok anything more is "over the line" shall we say

Honestly I dont think u will get much past 2.4-5 even if that much, but good luck anyways

I think it's locked but im not sure because the in the Bios it lets me change it and it boots but in cpu-z it says it's on stock.

Personally I like to keep temps at 50 Deg or under, under load. What did you try to change, your multi or the FSB ?

Personally I like to keep temps at 50 Deg or under, under load. What did you try to change, your multi or the FSB ?

The mutiplier

I have it oc'ed to 2097( 2.1 ghz) with stock vcore with 96 F

http://www.ocinside.de/go_e.html?/html/wor...p_painting.html

Whats up with that site ? I didnt know you could have a mutiplier at 20 X fsb

Edited by Shadowfactor