OCC Twitch Stream

Guest_Jim_*

Ended up going a little long as I finally started paying attention to "rooms" in Going Medieval, and trying to make things into them. Not quite going as planned, but I'm getting there. Rooms are required for the new Events added with the recent Update 11, Events & Roles.

Video is uploading now and will go live at the usual time tomorrow.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Continuing in Going Medieval and I finally made the kitchen! No idea why it didn't like the previous attempt, but it is working now.

Uploading the next Going Medieval video now, where I finally finish the infirmary, expand storage, put in some stairs, and build out the barley and hay to keep the animals happy. Keeping the settlers busy is easy. Getting them to do the most important things is still a pain.

Went a little long this week, because of some in-game emergencies. Nothing quite like trying to deal with blighted crops and animals starving in Going Medieval, with its job priority system...

Anyway, it is uploading now and will go live at the usual time tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

Continuing in Going Medieval where I discovered a couple things. One is doors are apparently open on the bottom (explaining why the room I originally tried to make into a kitchen was not being recognized as a room) and a somewhat amusing bug. Reported the bug, which is actually a typesetting issue and pretty minor, though also a bit amusing to discover. I also started the video by showing a little of what is possible with tables in SQL. Since I complain so much about the lack of filtering for the Domestic animal table, I thought it seemed only fair to demonstrate what I would like to see.

Went a little long this week... I predicted I would once I started ranting about one of the changes described for Titan Quest II. On the bright side, I did wait until the end, so once I start on that track, you are free to stop listening. Within the game though, I expanded the workshop and got a great hall built, which will hopefully be useful next time.

At some point I may get better at not going long as I rant/ramble on some topic, but for now there are still some topics that get me to rant/ramble, and it added half an hour to the recording. In any case, things are getting done in Going Medieval as I'm finding those tasks that are relatively short and easy to access. Still wish plenty of things were better designed, but it is what it is.

This time I knew I would be ranting, so I intentionally left that for the end. Continuing in Going Medieval, I am finally starting tog et the animals moved over to the new location, and trying to get some other things worked out.

Actually managed to keep this one short, at under an hour. It can happen, especially when I have other things to do today. Anyway, the video is uploading now and will go live at the usual time tomorrow.

Power is back, so I am back in Going Medieval, and partly wondering what it is I was doing. Ultimately though, it turns into a rant on storytelling, because it is me.

Continuing in Going Medieval and, finally, I have someone with a high enough skill level to make a mirror. That's just been waiting for how long? Also Fall started before the end of the session, so hopefully enough food has and will be collected to avoid complaints of hunger in the Winter and early Spring.

Video is uploading now and will go live at the usual time.