Dedicated Physx card worth it?

Laststop

I tried running a PhysX card with my 980, tried 2 580's 9800 gt, 8800 ultra, and a quadro 600.   Of all of them only the 600 would play nice with the 980 and could be run together.  Any other card would make my computer forget it even had a 980 installed but would still show video through it.   To me It wasn't worth screwing around with it.

I'm running a GTX 980 and a dedicated GTX 750 Ti for PhysX without a hitch on my brother's machine.

Note: Because those cards are older, they're probably using older drivers with whatever your GTX 980's are on now. You need to download and extract the older drivers for those cards, and install them manually. That'll probably solve your issue.

With the latest Nvidia drivers, which are 344.48, it'll work with both the GTX 980 and GTX 750 Ti, which is nice. Before, when using 344.16 on the GTX 980, I had to manually install the 344.11 driver for the GTX 750 Ti (since 344.16 isn't supported for the GTX 750 Ti).

Wouldn't the older drivers try and conflict with the new card at all?? This sounds like a problem waiting to happen (and a way for nvidia to keep selling newer cards!)

I tried running a PhysX card with my 980, tried 2 580's 9800 gt, 8800 ultra, and a quadro 600.   Of all of them only the 600 would play nice with the 980 and could be run together.  Any other card would make my computer forget it even had a 980 installed but would still show video through it.   To me It wasn't worth screwing around with it.

I'm running a GTX 980 and a dedicated GTX 750 Ti for PhysX without a hitch on my brother's machine.

Note: Because those cards are older, they're probably using older drivers with whatever your GTX 980's are on now. You need to download and extract the older drivers for those cards, and install them manually. That'll probably solve your issue.

With the latest Nvidia drivers, which are 344.48, it'll work with both the GTX 980 and GTX 750 Ti, which is nice. Before, when using 344.16 on the GTX 980, I had to manually install the 344.11 driver for the GTX 750 Ti (since 344.16 isn't supported for the GTX 750 Ti).

I'll have to give the new drivers a try with my 580.

yea i keep changing my build ideas. The nzxt h440 made me change my build from mini itx to x99 atx now. It will probably shift even more. I bought a LG 55" oled tv instead of a new pc cause that thing is just a beast and for 3000 it was a killer deal. So who knows where I will be next year when I have the cash for a build but I may want a physx card. Gonna keep rollin with my i7-980x radeon 5870 for now.

Highly recommend getting the lg oled tv. It's mind blowingly awesome.

Edited by Laststop