The User Above Me...

BluePanda

This his 40 torque with an inline 4 powerband will prepare him for the flat powerband of a triple with 65 torque. :lol: Doesn't realize how shitty the fuel map is on the FZ-09. Seriously, I could be in second gear, 15 mph, cruising through a parking lot and the bike will buck back and forth even though I've got my hand perfectly still. The throttle on <'s bike is also incredibly snatchy in the lower gears. 

should shift up or down?? Maybe look into getting a reflash from a dealer < heard of that fixes many of the odd mapping complaints?? (maybe a full aftermarket ECU?)

Yeah <'s torque magnitude nor deliverance (despite it being more geared for torque than a typical I4) will not match ^'s triple but < has never had the balls to go flat out in 1st gear because < read that a power wheelie would ensue and < never has dealt with a wheelie before. 3 years with a Nin250 and then the 1 with the FZ6 with its 7 yr old tires never afforded such experiences.

Probably isn't as comfortable wind wise with his naked 09 compared to the fair CBR...but gets fairly decent mileage with it?

Edited by IVIYTH0S

^ Needs to do more reading about the FZ-09. :P

There's no reflash available. < Is about to install his EJK fuel controller which should smooth things out and also get some more power with that exhaust < installed two days ago. 

^ Should definitely try a power wheelie, they're easy to control, especially on a bike with that kind of powerband. Crank it at low RPM, it'll pick up speed, and the front end will gradually lift once you hit your powerband. If you chicken out, dial the throttle down a bit and it'll either hold the wheelie (doubtful on your bike) or just drop the front end back down. DO NOT let go of the throttle entirely, that's just asking for a catastrophe. < Does third gear power wheelies and loves it. 

< Is actually much more comfortable on the FZ-09 in every single way up until 80-85 mph, but < will get one of those tiny little windscreens which will help a lot, and prevent bugs from getting caught in the instrument cluster. < Rides the FZ-09 like an absolute hooligan and gets 38 mpg vs the 35 mpg he would get riding the CBR600RR like a civilized person (some acceleration, but not all the gas all the time).