• Case
    • Cooling
    • Peripherals (ie mouse, keyboard)
    • Other

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always thought the motherboard is the heart of the build. A really decent motherboard can provide decent sound and additional options. Cheap motherboards won't deliver quality no matter the PSU, video, mem, etc.

Another thing that got me thinking about cases, it can make or break your build.  I went with the Antec P280 for this build and it's been driving me crazy with vibrations and buzzing. On paper, it shouldn't be a poorly made case, but you can really tell where different people worked on different areas. For instance, my HDD plates don't quite snap into their respective holes on the frame. As a result, it causes a resonance that travels through the thin metal and even vibrates the floor.

I agree with your statement Clay, on the other hand very few other components can completely ruin a great build.  Or worse ruin perfectly good parts if things go south.  I'm speaking more on the quality of the power supply, not always the capacity.

I agree with your statement Clay, on the other hand very few other components can completely ruin a great build.  Or worse ruin perfectly good parts if things go south.  I'm speaking more on the quality of the power supply, not always the capacity.

Yeah, I definitely agree with that, but I think people blow it way out of proportion, which is why I feel it's a bit overrated in that sense. Quality is most often linked with the brand, but like I said, that's really no different than any other component (or technology in general). If people are stupid enough to just go with the cheapest even if it's a brand they've never heard of, well yeah, they're going to get what they paid for.