HBOgo on laptop issues?

Krieg1337

So I just got my new 13" rMBP(mid spec) and I wanted to watch some Boardwalk Empire. Well, it seems to randomly stutter a bit, as in it freezes for a second or two and then plays back really fast. Is this internet lag, system lag or just a crappy interface/player from HBO? Or, is it just that Flash sucks on OSX? 

It works fine on my iPhone 5 last I played it.

I used to stream HBO through my Windows 7 HTPC without issue. My ISP is excellent and I never had an issue so maybe it's your ISP, I don't know your bandwidth nor your latency, but knowing it worked on your iphone makes me think it's not an OSX issue, although obviously the phone and laptop aren't exactly the same.

Good luck...Nuckey did it, lol

I have Charter, here is a speedtest I just did. 

3187571623.png

For the iPhone it's an app though, which I am guessing is better optimized and doesn't utilize Flash. I know Flash was a problem for OSX in the past. Ahhh, I hate stupid stuff like this :(

I've had on and off luck with it, your connection could be the problem. Maybe the wireless connection is inconsistent?? My HTPC can handle it with just an E350 APU, I think their site traffic may influence the experience.

Are you wired or wireless? From what I've seen, HBOGo doesn't like wireless for the browser-based one even if you have a strong connection.

Ahh ok, yeah I am wireless. Stupid HBOgo, I guess I'll have to find other ways to watch Boardwalk Empire. 

Are you wired or wireless? From what I've seen, HBOGo doesn't like wireless for the browser-based one even if you have a strong connection.

Ahh ok, yeah I am wireless. Stupid HBOgo, I guess I'll have to find other ways to watch Boardwalk Empire. 

If you use Chrome (or install it), I think you can install the HBOGo app from GooglePlay (eg. what Chromecast uses) and try that. Maybe that'd work better of wireless.