Ram Suggestions

You have an FX8120, why "upgrade"??

Why always ask why? Maybe he just wants to switch to intel so he can have both systems.
I'm just curious why

The i7-4770K is a nice upgrade from the FX8120,..  http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i7-4770K-vs-AMD-FX-8120

Yay synthetic benchmarks that print bar graphs out :rolleyes:, but just everyday usage or gaming would be just as great with the 8120

You have an FX8120, why "upgrade"??

Why always ask why? Maybe he just wants to switch to intel so he can have both systems.
I'm just curious why

The i7-4770K is a nice upgrade from the FX8120,..  http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i7-4770K-vs-AMD-FX-8120

Yay synthetic benchmarks that print bar graphs out :rolleyes:, but just everyday usage or gaming would be just as great with the 8120

So in that sense you should of bought a fx-6100 and a 7770 because it would of gotten you through gaming just fine.

thanks the article ill read it when i get home. as for why i am upgrading. i am taking my current setup for my office. new rig for home.

That's all I needed to hear, just wasn't sure what was up!

As for Ram suggestions from me: Memory is memory is memory, just get some cheap 1600mhz CL9 RAM and call it a day :)

So in that sense you should of bought a fx-6100 and a 7770 because it would of gotten you through gaming just fine.

What lol, I just was saying he has an 8000 FX chip which are great gamers (and workhorses, when loaded up correctly). But I see the old system isn't being replaced, just repurposed

so 2133mhz c9 or 2400mhz c10 for the i7, ill see which one has the better deal around my area or newegg when i go to buy ram.

1600mhz c9, you'll never know the difference but you'll be richer for some reason :P