XSPC GPU waterblock backplate?

beastineden

does anyone know of the xspc razor titan/780 waterblock is compatible with the 780 evga backplate? i have one and it would be nice to only have to buy one more $20 backplate instead of $60 on 2 xspc backplates. Razor SLI block setup incoming :)

Probably not. But you can try it for Grins. Im not sure how its secured to the Back of the GPU though. It may be something that can be modded into place. Also what is the reason being that you want to install the plate?

Probably not. But you can try it for Grins. Im not sure how its secured to the Back of the GPU though. It may be something that can be modded into place. Also what is the reason being that you want to install the plate?

Not sure if i worded my original post carefully enough lol. I want to get the titan/780 xs-pc waterblock for my 780SLI setup. They sell backplates separately but they are $30 apiece. I already have a backplate for one of my EVGA 780 ACX cards. They go for around $20. So I'd like to buy another $20 EVGA backplate if i'm sure they're compatible with the xs-pc waterblocks. I dont think it would be an issue but i just wanted to know if the xs-pc razor water blocks absolutely HAD to be used with the XS-PC branded backplates.

Thx for the input BTW

oh, and to answer your question. I want the backplates because i hate that i can see the exposed back of the pcb, and also because they look great :)

Edited by beastineden

I would be more worried about the Titan/780 XSPC Waterblock fitting your EVGA 780 ACX Card,.. as they are only listed as compatible with reference PCB Cards.

EDIT:  looks like they used reference PCB on ACX Card,.. :thumbsup:

Edited by Braegnok

How is your backplate mounted now?   You should have unscrewed the air cooler in a few spots and passed the screws through the backplate and into the air cooler.  it will be the same way with a waterblock. As long as the all the wholes line up and the screws are long enough you should be good to go with any backplate.

Looks like the evga backplate may fit just need some compatabily modding. Only sure thing is the get the xspc backing plate. Another advatage to the xspc backing plate would be that you would get reinforcement to the gpu so if during transport it gets jarred around the gpu cant flex and break the pcb. Its exactly like the ones from ek and they are awesome. Stiff as a board. ;)

Looks like the evga backplate may fit just need some compatabily modding. Only sure thing is the get the xspc backing plate. Another advatage to the xspc backing plate would be that you would get reinforcement to the gpu so if during transport it gets jarred around the gpu cant flex and break the pcb. Its exactly like the ones from ek and they are awesome. Stiff as a board. ;)

yea they definitely look MUCH sturdier than the mesh design of the EVGA plate. I'll just get the XSPC backplates. I'm spending enough on the system already, what's another $60 right? (shrugs) lol

Any experience with the xspx razer blocks? specifically the backplates? Just want to know how they stand up against the ek blocks you mentioned