[WTB] Cheap Socket 775 Motherboard

wevsspot

Doesn't matter.  I've got a close friend who is going through a divorce and his wife took the working PC and left him the broken one.  He recently got caught up in a round of workforce reduction at Mattel - so after over a decade he's also out of work.  And, if all that isn't enough his oldest daughter has thyroid cancer........, and he had heart surgery last year.

Could it possibly get any worse???

At any rate his motherboard is dead (it's an old socket 754 Athlon system he inherited from me back in 2006).  Not sure about the cpu at this point, but figured if I can find a reasonable socket 775 board I can throw in one of my old Pentium D or Core Duo processors and set him up.

I have one sitting next to me here that I bought here on OCC a while back, tested it the other day. It only works with up to Core 2 Duo, it's an ECS 945GCT-M3 V3.0

Edit to add: It's M-ATX and may or may not be missing a backplate.

Edited by Locutus

i have a foxconn g31mxp. its in my girlfriends daughters rig i put together  with a pentium duel core 2200 but i upgraded to e8600 and although the fsb is overclockable to 1600 it will only go over 1333 if the processor is rated for higher fsb  so id like to get a p45 board for it. its also micro atx.