Please Help in Overcloking my bottlenecking pc! please reply

NirmalPrime

Guys ! i am a Noob in overclocking please help me with this!  :-/

I think my cpu is bottlenecking my gpu...when i run msi kombustor my cpu is just working 70-80% but my gpu gets high temps and shutsdown my pc! so i really need to overclock!

Processor Name              : Intel core 2 duo E7400

Motherboard Board         : DG41WV AAE90316-104

Chipset                            : Intel G41

RAM                                : DDR3 4GB

GPU                                : Nvidia Geforce GTX 650 ti

Please help me in overclocking my crappy cpu!please

SRY for being such a noob and for bd english :(  

No need to apologize for your English.  It's not bad actually.

The best place to start is one of the hundreds of Wolfdale overclocking guides out there in the wild already.  You need to understand the basics of overclocking, what to change, why you change it, safe voltage and heat limits, performance impacts etc.

There are also multiple threads here at OCC devoted to Wolfdale overclocking, whether it be specifically for the E7400 or other variants (such as the E8400 for example).

Here is one to get you started;

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.php?showtopic=188347

After you research the available knowledge base here, you can google "Core 2 Duo Overclocking Guide" and you'll get plenty more reference material.

By the way, overclocking your CPU won't do anything to keep your video card from over-heating or causing your PC to lock up or shutdown.  If anything, overclocking your CPU will only make the problem worse.

What temp is your video card running when the machine shuts down?  It might not be the video card causing the machine to shut down.  It could be power supply, over-heating of one or more components, voltage too high, voltage too low, memory instability etc.  The list really goes on and on.

Please explain the shutdown further.  Does the machine just turn off?  Do you get a blue screen?  What does the Windows error log tell you?

By the way, overclocking your CPU won't do anything to keep your video card from over-heating or causing your PC to lock up or shutdown.  If anything, overclocking your CPU will only make the problem worse.

What temp is your video card running when the machine shuts down?  It might not be the video card causing the machine to shut down.  It could be power supply, over-heating of one or more components, voltage too high, voltage too low, memory instability etc.  The list really goes on and on.

Please explain the shutdown further.  Does the machine just turn off?  Do you get a blue screen?  What does the Windows error log tell you?

It Just automatically restart my pc...when i am playing the screen blacks out and the the sound keeps running , i think i should update my psu!

Nirmal,

First thing is to prevent your PC from automatically restarting due to a hardware error.  It would be helpful if we could get a bluescreen report.

To do this;

Right mouse click on "My Computer"

Select "Properties"

In the System Properties window select "Advanced"

Click on "Settings"  in the Startup and Recovery section

Uncheck "Automatically restart" in the System failure section

Click on "Ok" to save changes

Reboot

Next time your system crashes it may generate a BSOD instead of just restarting.  If it generates a BSOD give us the error details.  Even better download and install BlueScreenViewer and use that application to debug the BSOD and report findings.

ScreenHunter_.jpg

sounds like the same problem i had when i first installed my new video card. it did the same thing. the problem was i didnt have the cables to add to my power supply   for a dedicated line for the video card so i used a 6 plug to molex convertor. basically i was stressing that bank of my power supply. that sounds like the same problem your having.