Solid Upgrade From 4870's Crossfired

feetfats

I've never been stiffed on a rebate, but most are slow to arrive,.. end of quarter sales, promo codes and free shipping is what I look for. :D

Edited by Braegnok

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one have done rebates for YEARS, and for the longest time had no issues at all (many times when I had a screwed up odd address actually) but over the last 4 years or so I've noticed a HUGE change in success rate of me getting rebates without having to call/email/complain etc.  The ONLY place I buy from that I count the rebate in for certain when I buy these days is Staples due to the 100% online mail NOTHING done in 5 mins Easy Rebate system. These days I see rebates and for the most part ignore them.

I disagree I'd say the rebate experience has improved greatly with most places having myfreerebate.com or whatever it's called and it's fast, ensured and easy. Even if I have old school handwritten ones, never have gotten stiffed on them.

I have to agree with IVI, I've never been stiffed on a rebate yet and have done about 8 in the last 3 years, but the wait time for some have been up to 3 months which is a pain. :yucky:

Yeah I won't deny the wait time, that's why I just think of rebates like low price guarantees. If they get them out in under a month, awesome, if not then the product will likely get that much cheaper as it ages on the shelf, in which case it's like a a company awarding you with that price late on to thank you for the extra money initially.

I disagree I'd say the rebate experience has improved greatly with most places having myfreerebate.com or whatever it's called and it's fast, ensured and easy. Even if I have old school handwritten ones, never have gotten stiffed on them.

Yeah that's nice and wonderful for you.  I personally would have said the same as you 3 years ago, but it seems every product I buy online with a rebate now ends in me being forced to track when it should arrive and once that time frame is up contacting the rebate company to play the "Here are scans/faxes/etc of my stuff you claim you never received now give me my money" game.  Very rarely do I screw up and not get the money, but the $30 PNY's rebate firm owes me from my GTX 670 I could NOT get resolved, they claim the UPC was not submitted and that I would have to send in the original to get credit.  Not very easy thing to do when you mailed it off months earlier. 

As with anything everyone out there seems to get a different experience and for some of us that experience ends up sucking. And as for rebates there's a LOT that can go wrong, most commonly though I'm willing to guess people just plain forget to apply for them :lol:

Yeah that's nice and wonderful for you.  I personally would have said the same as you 3 years ago, but it seems every product I buy online with a rebate now ends in me being forced to track when it should arrive and once that time frame is up contacting the rebate company to play the "Here are scans/faxes/etc of my stuff you claim you never received now give me my money" game.  Very rarely do I screw up and not get the money, but the $30 PNY's rebate firm owes me from my GTX 670 I could NOT get resolved, they claim the UPC was not submitted and that I would have to send in the original to get credit.  Not very easy thing to do when you mailed it off months earlier. 

As with anything everyone out there seems to get a different experience and for some of us that experience ends up sucking. And as for rebates there's a LOT that can go wrong, most commonly though I'm willing to guess people just plain forget to apply for them :lol:

And my problem is that I am not organised enough to remember to follow through with it after the 6 week wait time.  I hate having to check and re-check that someone does their job.  I will have to find some way to remind myself 6 weeks down the road and have a copy of all this stuff saved in a folder somewhere.  The other thing is that I don't want to waste too much of my time for $10.00

And my problem is that I am not organised enough to remember to follow through with it after the 6 week wait time.  I hate having to check and re-check that someone does their job.  I will have to find some way to remind myself 6 weeks down the road and have a copy of all this stuff saved in a folder somewhere.  The other thing is that I don't want to waste too much of my time for $10.00

I'll take all your rebates from now on then :P

I'll take all your rebates from now on then :P

If it requires no time spent by me than yes, you may have my $10.00 rebates Ivi.

Edited by feetfats