Video Card Upgrade

saywhut

Hey everyone,

It's been a while since I've posted here.  I am wanting to upgrade my video card pretty soon, but I am not quite sure which way to go.  I have been out of date lately, and I am still rocking the HD 4890 DX 10.1!!!  The one game I have been anxiously waiting for is Command and Conquer: Generals 2.  I have a feeling that my video card will not pack enough juice to run the game as it will be running the Frostbite engine.  My questions are:

What video card would you all recommend for my setup?  I was thinking of a GTX 580, or perhaps even a GTX 680.  An AMD equivalent would also be fine.

Also, will my processor be a bottleneck for a newer video card?

Thanks in advance!

Huh, wasn't Bosco selling 7970's for 275 or around that? There is A HUGE gain in between 7950 and 70's in my mind, as 70's packs more shaders and
overclock really easy.

Forum Thread!

*Edit*

Did not noticed the "250 is a stretch". 7950's are on sale on NCIX.com at around 220$

Edited by StefenHeif

Huh, wasn't Bosco selling 7970's for 275 or around that? There is A HUGE gain in between 7950 and 70's in my mind, as 70's packs more shaders and

overclock really easy.

Forum Thread!

*Edit*

Did not noticed the "250 is a stretch". 7950's are on sale on NCIX.com at around 220$

I looked at tons of reviews when I was upgrading, in benchmarks they are almost identical in performance.