memory voltage?

Hi, didn't think the other heading was appropriate for my question as it concerns overclocking memory.

My RAM is Corsair CMX4GX3M2A1600C9

4 2GB sticks. @ 9.9.9.24. 2T  ( I'll double check that.)

CPU-z =    Dram Frequency:       802.7 Mhz

FSB: DRAM               3:10

9.9.9.24.34.2T

Should this be left as is or can anybody suggest changing the BIOS for a mild OC or just better settings please?

Regards from Cespenar.

Hey Ces, since you're already running your memory voltage at 1.646v there probably isn't much headroom left to jack up the voltage.  You could try 8-8-8-24 2T but I'm guessing that probably won't boot.  However, you might try loosening your timings and see if you can push the frequency further.

Honestly, there's not much to gain by running your memory frequency any higher than 1600Mhz unless you're just wanting to improve your memory benchmarks.

Thanks guys.

I only game.  I'm not into pressuring my system so I'll leave it as is. :rtfm::thx:

I think that is a wise choice.  If everything is running fine there isn't any compelling reason to jack with the memory speed, timings, voltage etc.

Thanks guys.

I only game.  I'm not into pressuring my system so I'll leave it as is. :rtfm::thx:

AS long as the specified component doesn't become a bottleneck it's best for general users to leave them in their stock settings.

Edited by d6bmg

I think you meant "doesn't become a bottleneck"  :)

At any rate, DDR3 1600Mhz memory shouldn't be a bottleneck in any system.  If memory becomes a bottleneck it is likely a capacity issue instead of a speed or timing issue.