Help OC'ing new system i7-3770k

Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H

i7-3770k + Nucota NH-U12P SE2

Case: nzxt wisper

750w seasonic

Old hd4870

(I want a 24/7 overclocked pc)

I ran some test on IBT with settings on very high and All Threads. Room temp 26C.

On stock @3.9ghz (Turbo) it went up to 80c is it too high?

On 4.3ghz it was the same 80c and 4.4ghz at 90c!

Something is wrong or did I just got an hot chip?

Intel chips are usually good for up to 100C under stress testing, but should not exceed 90C under normal use, such as gaming or internet browsing.

In conclusion, 80C is fine while stress testing your chip. Happy overclocking :)

My graphic card is very hot an old hd4870. I'm a bit confused about the temp so I attached it here. Could be that it warms up the CPU because they are close?

(Max temp is the far left one)

3uMiZEH.jpg

Again, temps on the GPU look fine. Provided you have decent airflow in your case, you should be fine with those temps. One thing I would suggest is reapplying thermal compound to the CPU heatsink, which should keep your temps comfortable. Remember most current cooling systems are heavily dependant on ambient air temperature, so if you live in a particularly hot or cold area, you will get temperature fluctuations.

On another note; I believe the columns are Max, Min, Current, and Average. :)

not columns lol.. the rows: thermal diod, ts0,ts1...

by the way in prime95 i get 75c 4.3ghz

Another thing I just got the pc today and I see they put a 1.0 version of the mobo not the 1.1 as I ordered  
the 1.1 got 8-pin power not 4-pin as the 1.0 and maybe other things too... should I bother to go there and let them change it?
Edited by alonbl

not columns lol.. the rows: thermal diod, ts0,ts1...

by the way in prime95 i get 75c 4.3ghz

Another thing I just got the pc today and I see they put a 1.0 version of the mobo not the 1.1 as I ordered  
the 1.1 got 8-pin power not 4-pin as the 1.0 and maybe other things too... should I bother to go there and let them change it?

Temps are fine,,

If you ordered the 1.1 and got a 1.0 I would take it back.. especially if your oc'ing it. having an 8pin cpu power vers a 4pin (I had to look it up to be sure) most likely corrects some stability issues other users where having with the 1.0 rev..

He should still meet the agreement set out when you purchased the product, which was that it is Rev 1.1

Agreed.  Tell them you would be happy to accept the upgrade at no cost if they are out of what they promised you initially.  Explain to them that you asked for what you wanted for a reason, and it was understood that they would be providing what you had agreed upon, and as such, they are in default, so to speak, of that agreement.  If there is any argument at all that "$25 isn't that much", I would then suggest that in that case, it wouldn't cost them that much to keep their customer (you) happy.

Edited by Lhiannon

Intel chips are usually good for up to 100C under stress testing, but should not exceed 90C under normal use, such as gaming or internet browsing.

In conclusion, 80C is fine while stress testing your chip. Happy overclocking :)

uh intels websites says 70c :whoa:Intel 3770k Max Temp