Help OC'ing new system i7-3770k

I guess they will offer a same price mobo (which are inferior I checked) and not a free upgrade...

for a 4.3ghz oc do I really need the hassle? 

Honestly, I would suggest that I would return it to them rather than accept that compromise.  If a place is willing to take the hardline about something this minor, I don;t know that I would want to deal with them.  Mind if I ask where you purchased?

Intel chips are usually good for up to 100C under stress testing, but should not exceed 90C under normal use, such as gaming or internet browsing.

In conclusion, 80C is fine while stress testing your chip. Happy overclocking :)

uh intels websites says 70c :whoa:Intel 3770k Max Temp

70C is a bit low'ish safe.

Although 90C is pretty high.

I would strongly suggest Op to recheck the positioning of the CPU cooler. And if the overheating problem continues under load, then reapplying TIM won't hurt a bit.

And yes, 80C @4.3GHz and 90C @4.4GHz is high temperature unless something went wrong.

Edited by d6bmg

Intel chips are usually good for up to 100C under stress testing, but should not exceed 90C under normal use, such as gaming or internet browsing.

In conclusion, 80C is fine while stress testing your chip. Happy overclocking :)

uh intels websites says 70c :whoa:Intel 3770k Max Temp

Link doesn't work for me, but are you sure that's the actual CPU temp or the case temperature; the latter of which I believe is 67.5C for Intel chips.

In the UK we have a Sale of Goods act which describes three basic principles

- Item must be as described

- Item must be of satisfactory quality

- Item must be fit for purpose

Sale of the motherboard mentioned would consequently be a breach of the Sale of Goods act, and would consequently need to be replaced with a component as described (i.e. by the guy ordering in the part they described to you), or providing you with another replacement with the same or better specs. I don't know if you have an equivalent in the US, but the basic principles should be set out somewhere, in which case they would have to provide you with an upgrade.

I'm from Israel I bought it from a store not online. I checked the receipt it doesn't say v1.1 but I specifically asked it from the sales man.

I wonder maybe I should just stay with it there is no big difference between the two and all the reviews (that were very good) were about the 1.0v... well as long as it if no problems appear.. cause maybe if I get the 1.1 problems would appear and ill need to go there again and again...
Edited by alonbl