MORE POWERRR! OC help.

I wanted to share my recent overclock and see what everyone had for feed back, Now I know that my chip is unlocked and I could multiplier clock, I also know its an odd clock setup but its whats yielding the most return on investment. First the over all intention of this clock is power, not clock speed. Having said that I increased my baseline score of 3.7 to 4.83 in Cinebench R11.5 64bit. I would like to know if anyone knows a few things I could try tweaking for a little more output. Here are my current stats.

Phenom II X4 975 black edition

CPU 3600>4250MHz

FSB 200>230MHz

multiplier 18>18.5

HT bus 2000>2070MHz

NB speed 2000>2300MHz

Dram 1600>1532MHz

Memory timings 9-9-9-24

Almost forgot Highest stable clock regardless of voltage is 4.3GHz, That's just this particular chips brick wall regardless of voltages, cooling (tested water for a bit) and bus speeds. The HT bus is also not a fan of clocking OR voltage, starts turning text into random ASCII characters.

Almost forgot Highest stable clock regardless of voltage is 4.3GHz, That's just this particular chips brick wall regardless of voltages, cooling (tested water for a bit) and bus speeds. The HT bus is also not a fan of clocking OR voltage, starts turning text into random ASCII characters.

Ohhh no, the 975's get 4.5Ghz easily. They are binned 955/965's. If your cooling can handle 1.55-1.6 volts. that baby will do 4.5GHz stable. plus the HT can overclock fine. I got 238 on the HTT.

Here is a suicide run I did on custom water with a 980 which is the same chip... On air, all you will get is about 4.3GHz due to temps. I used 1.52 volts for 4.3Ghz but as you see, water will take it further.

amd_980_cpuz47.jpg

Here is a dry ice run:

amd_980_cpuz55.jpg

Edited by Drdeath

We tested it extensively with water cooling and even volted it to 1.65 at one point, The product may handle 4.5 but this one wont :(

NO... Unless you just had a crap chip. I overclocked a handfull and these steppings got 4.5GHz. In a matter of fact, a lot of the last 965's got the same overclock. 975's and 980's were bimmed chips. Send me the chip, I will get 4.5Ghz. Remember, you need 1.35 volts on CPU/NB too.

Edited by Drdeath

Agreed, It's also used and abused by someone who sucked at clocking (swore to me I would never be 4.2 stable), thanks on the photo bucket, im gonna try to get some bios screens up later. Anyone reading this please feel free to be as critical as need be, I need critique not pats on the back :P

I think after I saw what Drdeath did on his AMD processor.....

I believe he is amazing lol

Wanna see 6GHz? I could not get 4 cores stable at 6Ghz... shucks. I have 6Ghz somewhere on Intel too!

33.jpg34.jpg

-67 C will get your nipples hard in a hurry!

kickass.jpg

Edited by Drdeath