Official OCC CES 2013 Coverage

ClayMeow

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This was my first trip to CES, Thanks to NVIDIA.. Got to attend their keynote and got a front row seat.. 

They demoed the Tegra4 chip in a tablet.. They compared to Nexus 10 and the web pages loaded pretty fast. They were also trying to show it can be as a good camera as it can do HDR stuff like a fly..

Than the next was Grid computing which is still in beginning stages. They ran it off an pure android os.. When the program launched, they had games like Trine2, BF3.. But they demoed Trine2.. There was lag since the unit was right there.. So in real life it has to be tested out.. 

Than the Shield came out.. You can also play the games from Grid on that device as well.. This is a prototype and not fully developed yet. The sound is good..but the controls are from Xbox360 side. What Waco/Clay said about shield goes on here, Now on the stage they had a LG 55 4K Ultra TV. Shield was hooked up to it via HDMI. They demoed the movie preview of Will Smith's new sci fi movie (After Earth) made especially for 4K from the shield. It looked good and no lag what so ever.. Nvidia Shield is also running pure Android OS with no extras. You can use it to play your play store games or check your email or gtalk.  Next demo was streaming a game from a pc on to the TC. The game was AC3 and it was smooth.. Now to get connected to the PC it took some tries but it finally worked. 

When the show started across from the Nvidia booth, there was a booth called superthooth.net ( i think that is the name) They did bluetooth stuff. They hired girls from Fantasy show in Luxor to dance and giveaway a bluetooth speaker. I will post pictures when I can. A friend of ine took better ones since his camera is better than mine.. 

Walked about 12 miles a day and got tired out. Got invitations to ibuypower.com parties but were tired out..Should have gone because import model hollyxee was there.. Went for the Kingston one and they had a good bag to giveaway to who all came like a 10 year thing. And also got the version of their USB wifi (unit that has its own IP and you can hook up additional storage to connect to tablets or phone) which has not been released yet with 32gig sdcard.. They gave away SSD, memory and a pc.. 

Next time, would basically go to the show in the morning and rest an go to parties later on .. It was a good show..The only thing I hated was that most of the people would look at your badge and if you were not a buyer, press or exhibitor, they would not show interest.. 

TEXT WALL

So you were there and too embarrassed to make contact with us to meet up? Thanks :lol:

:withstupid:

Also, yes, being Press definitely helps. Didn't really encounter an issue this year, but I remember another year, I was going to take a picture of something and guy comes up to me and is like "uh, you can't take photos, sorry"...then he sees my badge and he's like, "oh, you're press, never mind, go right ahead!" I felt special :lol:

A lot of parties are also vendor/press-partners only, so you should feel lucky you even got to go to some.

I am not complaining :)

First of all, from the forums I only saw Bosco posting about CES when he mentioned in the thread about prizes. I messaged him to see if he could meet. To be honest I did not see any post from you guys that you were going :) If I saw I would have messaged. Would have enjoyed meeting you guys and maybe following you..

Might be going to E3 as well.. So I am giving you a heads up :P

Did anyone go to Sennheiser booth?? Should have ... they had a display of $30000 headphones connected to a $20000 amp.. Sound was beautiful... 

Edited by Gremlin

I am not complaining :)

First of all, from the forums I only saw Bosco posting about CES when he mentioned in the thread about prizes. I messaged him to see if he could meet. To be honest I did not see any post from you guys that you were going :) If I saw I would have messaged. Would have enjoyed meeting you guys and maybe following you..

Might be going to E3 as well.. So I am giving you a heads up :P

Did anyone go to Sennheiser booth?? Should have ... they had a display of $30000 headphones connected to a $20000 amp.. Sound was beautiful... 

Well we've had people going to CES for I dunno how many years now...should have just made a thread saying you were going and those of us that were could have responded...Bosco tends to ignore emails like that. lol.

As for E3, I'm not sure yet. We don't officially go, but I may try to.

Yes I own a camera and yes I took pics but most of them are not PG friendly haha.

But I have to say this year sucked as in the amount of product set to be released :(

There was a few things that we are saw that under NDA that I am looking forward too, but other then Project Shield there was nothing that really had me all that excited.

Hats off to the crew that was with me and the news team that kept the press releases going. :)

Patriot Memory and Muskin now added.

PS. I agree with Bosco in regards to this year's show. Though I was impressed by quite a lot of what I saw, most of it was way to expensive for me anyway.

Yes I own a camera and yes I took pics but most of them are not PG friendly haha.

Please share.  I did not enter the Christmas Contest so consider this a late gift.  Clay promised booth babes and did not deliver.  Don't make me start the water works.   :cry:

Please share.  I did not enter the Christmas Contest so consider this a late gift.  Clay promised booth babes and did not deliver.  Don't make me start the water works.   :cry:

I promised you booth babes at the END of the article. The article isn't finished yet :P