Graffiti Stencil Art - an AfterEffects Animation

Crawlerz246

So a while back this dude emails me. Says he's coming out with his graffiti Stenciling operation in NYC and wants an opening animation for his new webby. He liked my outline animation - you may remember - faux pencil drawing things. So he gives me the pic he wants me animate, right? And a spin it this way and that way and it just looks wonky. So I gave up on the outline "drawing itself on" idea. Then I go online (thank the creator for google) and find out what graffiti stencilling actually involves. Apparently first you take a surface and cover it with a solid color, this dude later said whitewash. Then apply stencil, spray gray (in his case), then apply another stencil and spray black (in his case). So then I sorta started figuring how to actually animate this. In his defense, he sent me 2 stencils, a gray and a black step, so I had one less thing to worry about... Then I split the stencils up into 3 obvious parts to give them more life and a smaller more realistic stencil size. What I came up with is this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYLGcFTXTqA please critique. I want to learn.

Thanks

Edited by Crawlerz246

• 2 weeks later...