SSD in laptop

Onion

I ripped put my optical drive in my new laptop and put an ssd in instead, i'm gonna put some pictures up in a while.

So currently i have 120GB Intel 330 + 500GB WD in my laptop and its awesome.

The main problem is that the standard optical SATA power plug is different from normal sata, so i made my own adapter.

on dealXtreme you can buy a tray mounted adapter for 12$ including shipping if you prefer a ready made approach.

My link

Edited by medbor

Thanks for all the info, guys. After reading everything, I've made up my mind. I'm gonna yank the Blu-ray drive out of my computer as I hardly ever use CDs, and do what medbor did and replace it with an adapter and toss in an SSD to go along with my Seagate X. I'm excited to see all that speed! :lol: I'll be picking up a 250 gb drive (or something around that) on black Friday. :cheers:

I put my old Vertex 128 GB drive in my EeePC. It makes it a totally different machine. Boot time is less than 30 seconds to the desktop. :lol:

The first upgrade I did to my laptop was put an SSD in it. The time from power off to desktop is 22 seconds on mine and is as close to instant on as it will get. :thumbsup:

The change in the computing experience when you move to an SSD is amazing in a desktop system, in a laptop multiple that by ten! The laptop will snap in ways you never imagined. Plus it reduces heat and extends batter life. Nothing major but there is a gain.

:withstupid:

I ordered mine without an optical drive lol. Rarely use it and when I do need one thats what USB drives are for.

Had a free Blu-ray upgrade on mine, so I figured why not.