Andrewr05s mITX build list

Andrewr05

Thats the thing, I just want something equivalent or better than what I have now with the ability to upgrade to something better in the future.

I'm not all that worried about getting the best of the best as just about anything somewhat new is better than my current rig.

AM3+ will run the new bulldozer chips, presumably the next AMD chips as well, right?

Whats the lifespan of 1155?

Not like it matters, I've been running on 775 since 2008.

i'm trippin on how much the prices have gone down on ddr3 here lately...you can get all kinds of ram for not much these days...

It is pretty crazy, I paid $39.99 with $10 instant coupon code for my 4GB kit of DDR2.

the Athlon2 x4 (640 i think ) will unlock 2 cores and L3 6mb the Phenom2 X4 960T ( on some )will unlocks aswell

Wacos right though, those dual-core i3s are beastly chips, especially compared to my quad-core C2D.

:lol:

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AM3+ should support the next iteration of CPUs...but that's not really concrete now AFAIK. The biggest issue with going AMD now is that you'll not only be giving up performance now but it's also likely that the fastest chip you'll be able to drop in in a few years will still be slower than the fastest s1155 chips from Intel today. :(

1155 is essentially "dead" if you want to call it that for upgrades though. Ivy Bridge is the last new architecture that'll be released for it unless something crazy happens. That said...even a Sandy Bridge based CPU is faster than anything AMD has released up to this point. :lol:

Intel socket 2011 isn't even close to being in your budget though.

im willing to wait for 1090FX gain that big % missing from that chart on the i3 vs 965

Hm? 1090FX?

You can select the 1100T and the FX-8350 from that chart if you want as well. :cheers:

i know i wanted u to come for a last round of this budget fight ROUND 4 FIGHT !! :lol:

:rofl:

I enjoy building bang-for-buck systems. With today's market there's really no reason to buy AMD over Intel when building a new machine IMHO.

What does that have to do with anything? The CPU benchmark comparison keeps as many things constant as possible -- same GPU, same drivers, etc. The only differences are the CPU in question, the motherboard (no matter at stock speeds), and the RAM (sometimes, they tend to use the same whenever they can).