Andrewr05s mITX build list

Andrewr05

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to go CHEAP cheap then there's an MSI Z77 board on Newegg that's both full ATX and $80 after rebate with free shipping. It has no heatsinks on the VRMs though so you probably wouldn't be doing any crazy overclocking with it.

:pfp:

God god... I didn't even realize the one El_Capitan linked to was matx.

:blush:

:lol:

I tried to build something that would let you upgrade easily in the future. You can't run dual GPUs or anything on the original board I linked but it is a Z77 and beefy enough for decent overclocking should you decide to drop in an unlocked quad.

Smart response is just so awesome I had to fit it into the budget. :lol:

I tried to build something that would let you upgrade easily in the future. You can't run dual GPUs or anything on the original board I linked but it is a Z77 and beefy enough for decent overclocking should you decide to drop in an unlocked quad.
I'm thinking I'll probably stick with single GPUs, however I don't know what the future holds so who knows?

And SRT looks pretty sweet and I would like to get an SSD at some point (just get one now you idiot!) so thats a plus there.

I get u hate AMD and only want a older intel

I'm thinking I'll probably stick with single GPUs, however I don't know what the future holds so who knows?

And SRT looks pretty sweet and I would like to get an SSD at some point (just get one now you idiot!) so thats a plus there.

:unsure::whistling:

Well you said $300...and you can get an SSD for $300 along with the rest of your upgrade. Or, save $60 and just get the CPU, mobo, and RAM. :lol:

It's amazing how much you can get for a couple hundred bucks these days.

I get u hate AMD and only want a older intel

That i3-2100 is faster for almost everything than an aging Phenom II and especially any Athlon II: http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/102?vs=289 It absolutely murders one of the highest-clocked AMD quads you can buy in games as well. :cheers:

I know I said AMD in my first post, but its looking like Intel will be a better path in the long run.

Honestly unless you can find an amazing deal on a Phenom II X4 (and one of the high-clocked ones at that) and an AM3/AM3+ motherboard there's no real reason to buy an AMD rig over a similarly-priced Intel machine.