Mass Effect: Andromeda

DanTheGamer11

Eh, I'll wait for them to patch it 5-10 times and then buy it for 20 bucks.  Way too much negativity surrounding it for me to deal with it at full price.  On to another Witcher 3 playthrough, a game developed by people that care about the players. CDPR FTW!

Finished up multiplayer yesterday. By that I mean I got all the achievements related to it. Took about 10 hours and it was fun but buggy. Basically its ME3 multiplayer with a COD/BF1 type progression and unlockables. With only 5 maps and 1 mode, its kinda boring after 10 hours. Single player is still broken so i'll wait a few months for them to fully patch it. Kinda regret paying full price even though I love Mass Effect.

• 1 month later...

It's a rumor. Every studio gets scaled down after a release, since they don't need an entire dev team working on patches and DLC. BioWare/EA have other projects in the works anyway, like the secret IP, Battlefront II, whatever Dragon Age 4 ends up being, and others.

I hope your right bp,.. the report originally surfaced on Kotaku, and was more or less confirmed by a following statement from BioWare Montreal Studio Director Yanick Roy this morning.

While Yanick's statement doesn't specifically say outright "Mass Effect is on ice," it stands to reason that BioWare Montreal is working on other things and only in maintenance mode for MEA, it is certainly not working on Mass Effect Andromeda 2. Specifically, BioWare is prepping a brand new sci-fi IP, a "live service" game (aka probably Destiny-like) that was supposed to be out in early 2018, but has now been delayed past that. Add onto that a probable new Dragon Age, and it's unclear just how many years it might be until a Mass Effect Andromeda sequel is made.

The game seems to feel incomplete with so many unanswered questions of the game,.. I always thought the answers would come in future content or game,.. guess the answer lays in the lost Quarian ark.  :)