Living room PC

daniel

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All these people worrying about res makes me glad that I can't tell the difference between 720p and 1080p from 6 foot away from a 42" TV haha

I am used to my blurry world its weird watching TV with my glasses because even with some of the SD broadcasts of 480p or whatever they have so much detail.

Guess my shit long distance is why I like macro photography.

Hey it's called hardware-accelerated antialiasing :lol:

This is the BEST thing i have hurd all day.

it's just as grainy over HDMI at 1080p..... it's a VLC thing

Well then i would be trying a different program then. I personally dont use VLC. I use good old windows media player 11 with k-lite codec.

The only reason I added the card is I needed S-Video for the 55in RP-TV....it will do fine without using HDMI... I heard that these things really struggle with HD content over Netflix but it's an issue with SilverLight and WMC....I don't have nor use Netflix so it doesnt pertain to me... other than that even an under powered E-350 does High Definition very well...I can pull mkv files from my server via Gigabit intranet without a hiccup

Very well... only issue is VLC looks grainy in Windows 7.... in XP it looks very crisp and sharp still...I haven't looked for a codec pack to make it better so i quit using VLC for anything I watch...I will use it for mkv files if I dont have anything installed so WMC handles it

Netflix and HBO streaming work just fine as long as they can send it to us fast enough....god hbo has some of the worst streaming ever. I swear 1st party paid streaming sites are worst than the illegitimate ones all in all. :whistling: