New Headphones

makarov

No...No she didn't. She must have been about 10 and in the usual immature way thought it was the funniest thing ever.

And I said my earphones broke but I want to replace them with headphones.

You should have stuck out a leg for her to trip on as she gets out of the bus. :teehee:

I bought a pair of Panasonic RP-HTF600 and sold my Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro. Call me crazy, but I like them better :P I replaced the pads ($20) and after about 8 hours of listening the sound really changed for the better.

They do have vents, so sound might leak. I highly doubt they are portable since you can't fold them or dissemble them. Some reviews complained about build quality, but no complaints from me so far (home use only).

A lot of people on Head-Fi mentioned how great those were, especially for the price. I mentioned them here but no one heard of them. I remember a few people at Head-Fi thinking those could stand up to some of the higher quality sets. Maybe not beat, but stand up to them ...especially given the price they sell for.

Out of curiosity though, what ohm were your DT 770s and what were you using to drive them? Beyers really take off with an amp. A PC will drive them fairly well but a dedicated amp, even a portable music player amp, is so much better. I have the DT 990s and there is no way I could see the Panasonics beating those. Since the Panasonics are extremely reasonable I been contemplating buying them to try out and maybe use as a travel pair.

Guest Trankop

Just because it is audio technica doesn't make it great true AT is a great brand but there is nothing special about the ATH-T200s. Where as the Beyer DT235 wows people because it really is quite the hidden gem of the beyer catalogue and performs outside of its sub $100 (sub $50 if your in the US) price bracket. The Koss KSC-75 on the other hand are bit of a stange one haha

ATH-T200s are 20$ only in USA, same goes for a Beyer selling for 20$, you can't expect much from any 20$ product but it sure would be one of the best headphones at that price, I thought he might want to go down since prices are inflated in Australia.

A lot of people on Head-Fi mentioned how great those were, especially for the price. I mentioned them here but no one heard of them. I remember a few people at Head-Fi thinking those could stand up to some of the higher quality sets. Maybe not beat, but stand up to them ...especially given the price they sell for.

Out of curiosity though, what ohm were your DT 770s and what were you using to drive them? Beyers really take off with an amp. A PC will drive them fairly well but a dedicated amp, even a portable music player amp, is so much better. I have the DT 990s and there is no way I could see the Panasonics beating those. Since the Panasonics are extremely reasonable I been contemplating buying them to try out and maybe use as a travel pair.

Had 80 Ohms and powered by Asus Xonar DG.

80Ohms is definitely not hard to drive and that is a highly regarded soundcard. I'm flying with onboard so I don't know the difference it would provide. I do notice a big difference with just Fiio amp though.

Glad you brought up those panasonics, forgot about those. I still want to try them out.