Sign in to follow this  
makarov

New Headphones

Hello again

So last week a girl on my bus broke the last half decent pair of earphones.

I am now in the market for a new set of headphones. Hope you guys have got some ideas

Budjet: $50 aud, but flexible

I'm looking for ones with...

Decent sound

Portable

Able to stand up to the knocks and dings of public transport

And if possible not leak to much sound

Thanks in advance

Sure hope she compensated you.

I would want to ask in what way you meant that but then I saw your member title :pfp:

This thread should help :)

- Euro

No...No she didn't. She must have been about 10 and in the usual immature way thought it was the funniest thing ever.

And I said my earphones broke but I want to replace them with headphones.

Would you stretch your budget to $69? Considering there is free shipping too.

http://headphones.com.au/psingle?productID=553

Beyerdynamic DT235

- lightweight and mostly portable - check

- comfortable and well made - check

- closed headphone that offers low levels of isolation from outside noise and fairly low levels of leakage - check

- quality sound - check

Otherwise you could stay in you budget and get these.

http://headphones.com.au/psingle?productID=173

Koss KSC-75

- even more lightweight and portable - check (and I mean much lighter and much more portable)

- comfortable and well made - check

- open headphone offering no isolation from outside noise - check (good for home not so good for noisey places like public transport)

- quality sound - check

Koss KSC-75 seems to be a good choice to me.

I would want to ask in what way you meant that but then I saw your member title :pfp:

:mfp:

Edited by d6bmg

Guest Trankop

Try these

Edited by Trankop

Try these: Audio-Technica ATH-M30 Professional Headphones

I tried Audio-Technica ATH series and the sound is very good, the build is solid, just make sure they are the right size for your head, they tend to push hard on the ears if not the correct size. (very long use)

http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATHM30-ATH-M30-Professional-Headphones/dp/B00007E7C8

Ahhhh yeah they sit at $120-160 in aus.....

Guest Trankop

Ahhhh yeah they sit at $120-160 in aus.....

I see,

Edited by Trankop

I see, but he can get someone coming to Australia to buy them for him if he can wait, or settle for this:

http://www.minidisc.com.au/audio-technica-atht200-portable-headphones-p-2216.html

Just because it is audio technica doesn't make it great true AT is a great brand but there is nothing special about the ATH-T200s. Where as the Beyer DT235 wows people because it really is quite the hidden gem of the beyer catalogue and performs outside of its sub $100 (sub $50 if your in the US) price bracket. The Koss KSC-75 on the other hand are bit of a stange one haha

Thanks heaps for the help

I do have a old pair of sports earphones with a clip on them. They give me sore ears and im really no keen on going down that path.

But the Beyerdynamic DT235 seem like a good option and I think the Budjet could stretch to $70

I bought a pair of Panasonic RP-HTF600 and sold my Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro. Call me crazy, but I like them better :P I replaced the pads ($20) and after about 8 hours of listening the sound really changed for the better.

They do have vents, so sound might leak. I highly doubt they are portable since you can't fold them or dissemble them. Some reviews complained about build quality, but no complaints from me so far (home use only).

If you really want portability, I'd go for earphones instead. I use Monoprice Enhanced Bass Hi-Fi Noise Isolating Earphones. I've had a few $50-80 range IEMs and they all seem to break on me, so now I buy them under $30. So far these are working nicely and cheap.

Edited by AZNguyen