Halo Exits While Playing Using 9600xt?

cyberpc04

Ok, I installed Halo and I can start the game and even start playing a bit but then just randomly it will exit the game and show a small window that says exception. I have reinstalled the game twice and it still does it. I've also changed my gfx drivers to the 3.9, 4.1, and 4.2 and I sitll get the same problem. My card is the 9600xt 128mb. Are there any known problems with this card and Halo? What should I do?

Well, I just installed the v1.4 patch and I still get the same problem. I set my gpu clock back to normal as well as mem. clock and I still get the same problem. I scanned my pc for viruses as well as spyware/adware and i'm clean both ways. I also noticed after installing halo I have a short pause before my browsers work for the internet after I dial up. I'm thinking Halo is trying to kill me pc or something! Any ideas what it could be?

yes i have had this problem too, but i just restarted my comp and started halo fine. but i have a problem with halo restarting my comp on exiting halo. hmmm. dunno what that is either.

Ad-Aware 6 Pro. is what i've been using to get rid of spyware and somehow that stupid crap manages to keep coming back. I think reformatting and setting up fresh might be a good idea right now but I have no way to backup all my stored dvds so i'll lose them all.