Games List Optimization - Red vs Green

El_Capitan

Which cards to go head-to-head?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which cards to go head-to-head?

• HD 7850 vs GTX 660 Ti
    • HD 7970 vs GTX 680
    • HD 7970 Xfire vs GTX 680 SLI

Okay, another blog topic I'm planning is coming up with a games list, but I want your opinions on what cards should go head-to-head.

Of course, some games I may not have, so I won't be able to test. If I could get some suggestions of games you'd like to have compared, that'd be great. If you know of a game that you know performs better for the red team or green team, that'd also be great to know.

Thanks!

Chose the first one, because it'll be more in-line with what the majority of PC gamers would experience.

That being said, I'm a little confused....how is this any different than a review of the cards? I mean, we have such comparisons on every video card review here at OCC.

Chose the first one, because it'll be more in-line with what the majority of PC gamers would experience.

Yeah, I'm thinking the same.

That being said, I'm a little confused....how is this any different than a review of the cards? I mean, we have such comparisons on every video card review here at OCC.

The difference is that for card reviews, the settings stay the same. With games that are optimized for Nvidia, you also get CSAA (and TXAA for GTX 6xx cards). Measuring FPS with different AA could help FPS and/or visual quality over a more powerful AMD card with only MSAA.

Based on pricing should this not be the 660ti vs the 7950? Also I think there should be other considerations than a performance head to head shootout. There are other optimizations that come into play effecting the gaming experience. If you are going to do the 7850 then I would go against the 660 (non ti).

This should prove to be interesting.

7870 vs GTX 660 Ti as it most likely will have a larger audience and you can minimize your testing based on the fact that the results should scale up the price hierarchy. Use these games based on the fact that AMD supported 2 and NVIDIA supported 2 during development. Both companies just released drivers with significant performance enhancements so these should be used.

1920x1080 resolution only

Borderlands 2

Metro 2033

Batman Arkham City

Dirt 3