Low Format

Ghost2520

Has anyone ever done one of these low formats? Its where it turns everything on your drive back to 0's. They Maxtor guy recommended it he said it would take about 3 and a half hours. Well I'm at 5% and its been going for 2 hours... this is looking like a 30+ hour job! Shoudl it really take that long??

yeah, WD has that option also...writing all 0's to the drive. I did it on another comp when i thought the harddrive was corrupt (luckily it wasn't)...don't remember how long it took exactly, but keep in mind it also depends on the size of the harddrive. If you're formating that 250gig harddrive in your sig, then yes, it will take .-long. The maxtor guy was probably talking about a 30gig harddrive with that timeframe.

At least it looks like you have another comp to use in the meantime :)

Yah I am formatting the 250 gig. :lol: And with my calculations it will take 30 hours... :angry: Yah I have my parents computer, its my old computer basically a Geforce 3 TI200 1.6ghz. It'll play a few games. :) I'm mainly playing that typing game cause I don't want to install anything. :lol:

Yah I am formatting the 250 gig. :lol: And with my calculations it will take 30 hours... :angry: Yah I have my parents computer, its my old computer basically a Geforce 3 TI200 1.6ghz. It'll play a few games. :) I'm mainly playing that typing game cause I don't want to install anything. :lol:

i have a geforce3 ti200 with a 2100+...have no prob with games...but i know what you mean, my dad doesn't like me installing too much unnecessary crap on his computer.