Should I trade my EVGA GTX 590 Classified for an EVGA GTX 680?

El_Capitan

Should I trade my EVGA GTX 590 Classified for a reference EVGA GTX 680? Performance-wise, they're pretty neck and neck, though the GTX 680 is a bit more power efficient. However, I already have GTX 680's so don't need another, and having a GTX 590 Classified is kind of nice to have. I was going to get a full cover waterblock for it and keep it around just for nostalgia's sake - it's the only dual gpu card I've ever had.

If you already have the 680 I'd keep the 590, in 12 months there will be lots of 680's for sale but 590's are getting hard to get .

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, but then again, with the GTX 700's coming out, no one would really be looking at getting a GTX 590.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, but then again, with the GTX 700's coming out, no one would really be looking at getting a GTX 590.

I would swap, the 590 will go the way of the 295, and will not be as easy to resell as the 680

You should totally trade me that GTX 590 for my GTX 570! Before you laugh and go on your way, here is a Pro/Con list.

(This list assumes you are not currently using the 590 in your primary machine.)

Pros for trading your 590 for my 570!

•  
  • More people have 570s so there is more possible interest for SLI configurations and you need your excess cards to have high turnover ratios, not cool factor ratios
  • As much money as a 590 would go for people would more likely opt for a newer gen card
  • The 570 uses less power
  • The 570 generates this heat
  • This one might not apply, but you probably removed the fan to install a waterblock which makes interest even more of a niche market
  • If you get great performance from a GTX 590 people will just nod. If you get rockstar performance from a 570 people will want your "golden card"

Cons for trading your 590 for my 570

•  
  • none

The Pros speak!