Do You Believe?!

Somehow someway, I got my Kingston PC3000 to run with 2-2-2-5 timings without crashing!! Even ran P95 for 6 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: Opps that HyperX as well :P

Edited by Cyberbeer

RAM is my weak spot just started fooling with it....I dunno what you mean by divider :*(. As far as speed they are in Dual Channel 320Mhz. Stupid Asus board limits 3000 to 320 instead of 370. I made a mistake in buying this RAM, I know now I shoulda gone with PC3200...if only I had found u guys..and gals earlier.

Edited by Cyberbeer

Guest Arauthator

Hah, count yourself lucky. I started with and still have PC-2100 RAM. It bites, but then again, DirectX 8.0 games, which games is why I am overclocking, seems to be ok with it so far. As the gaming industry moves further and further along into DX 9.0, I may be forced to update. Great, another 200 bucks I can look forward too.

As far as speed they are in Dual Channel 320Mhz.  Stupid Asus board limits 3000 to 320 instead of 370.  I made a mistake in buying this RAM, I know now I shoulda gone with PC3200...if only I had found u guys..and gals earlier.

320mhz is a 5:4 divider

the reason your board is limiting it to 5:4 instead of 1:1 which is 400 not 370 (1:1 ratio) is because it is underclocking your ram.

Your ram is underclocked right now.

d/l cpu-z to check the what frequency your ram is set to currently.

It said the mobo booklet that "when using 800FSB, PC2700 DDR DIMMs may run only at 320MHz (not 333mhz) due to chipset limitation." I guess this applies to PC3000 since they should normally run at 370mhz.

How do I upload a pic to the forums? I dont have any personal webspace to store it on :(.

Edited by Cyberbeer

LOL, never noticed that button before. Here is what I see....

GRRR I keep getting an error it wont let me edit the post and add the image I messed it up the 1st time.

Edited by Cyberbeer