Build For My Son

steve burnell

Thanks had a look at a few reviews and it does seem to be an ok card, parts ordered should be here tomorrow or the day after :)

glad i could help ;)

let us know how its going and what your son thinks of it :)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is turning in to a disaster lol, no delivery yet and now the cpu is now saying out of stock - expected 2/10/12 !! and keeps changing the date every day,

decided to get a refund on the parts but have made a couple of changes to the order,

will this AMD Bulldozer FX-6100 Black Edition work with the motherboard listed?

i've also taken the dvd-rw drive from the list as the motherboard has an ide socket so i will be able to use the old drive

Edited by steve burnell

this is turning in to a disaster lol, no delivery yet and now the cpu is now saying out of stock - expected 2/10/12 !! and keeps changing the date every day,

decided to get a refund on the parts but have made a couple of changes to the order,

will this AMD Bulldozer FX-6100 Black Edition work with the motherboard listed?

i've also taken the dvd-rw drive from the list as the motherboard has an ide socket so i will be able to use the old drive

not sure but i would avoid the fx/buldozer series all together, the one i meantioned is faster then that one.

its a shame that the site does this to you, i would say, fill in a complain,

Edited by WarWeeny

I have an FX-6100, it plays Battlefield 3 on high fine, it SHOULD work on any AM3+ socket board providing BIOS is up to date...don't count on that though, I am on my phone so can't check but if someone could confirm that would be great :)

Edit: Just realized your board has socket FM1, as far as I am aware, all FX processors are AM3+, thus the FX-6100 will NOT work in your board. FM1 is preliminarily an APU socket.

Edited by EuroFight

Steve, I've attached a copy of Gigabyte's "official" CPU support list for the A55M-DS2 board. Not that motherboard manufacturer's cpu/memory QVLs or Support Lists are always accurate and/or up to date, but it doesn't appear that the FX-6100 is compatible with that board.

It's my understanding that AM3+ processors (as a general rule of thumb) do not work with socket FM1 motherboards, so my recommendation would be to steer clear of that combination.

ScreenHunter_.jpg

Steve, I've attached a copy of Gigabyte's "official" CPU support list for the A55M-DS2 board. Not that motherboard manufacturer's cpu/memory QVLs or Support Lists are always accurate and/or up to date, but it doesn't appear that the FX-6100 is compatible with that board.

That's because the FX-6100 is AM3+, and the A55M-DS2 is FM1 :lol:

My bad, sorry, post edited accordingly

ah the joy of people not reading a thread before posting, must be nice to be careless.

i provided him a build and based on that he wants to put an fx processor in the board i recomended him. (Gigabyte GA-78LMT)

ah the joy of people not reading a thread before posting, must be nice to be careless.

War - since you're fond of calling other contributors out publicly I'll reciprocate. This sentence is irrelevant to the topic at hand. At best it's a waste of written word, and at worst it's inflammatory. Keep to the point and if you have something valuable to contribute then do so without the un-necessary preamble. You've been cautioned..

i provided him a build and based on that he wants to put an fx processor in the board i recomended him. (Gigabyte GA-78LMT)

My fault, sorry :blush:

To the OP, the FX-6100 is supported by that board with a BIOS update (With any luck the board will be already flashed with the Bulldozer BIOS)

Edited by EuroFight