Xbox to my Samsung

Brewski

Thanks for the quick reply, guys!

I have Creative speakers. Not too sure of the model, but bought within the last year or two.

Here is a picture of one of the speakers - they all look like this. Hope that helps.

I will try the default settings in xbox - thanks stonerboy and Dan the Gamer. I will plug into the mic right now and see if that works or not. I will report shortly.

I'm fairly certain I have all the drivers and software installed that is needed for the mobo... But I will double check as well.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you running both sound sources to the same speaker system with one 3.5MM input?

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/58238-32-sharing-speakers-xbox-computer

Not sure how to answer that quiet honestly - I have the speakers plugged into the green port. When I pull that out, sound stops. When I plug it in, sound works. The plug I just bought is black - I'm guessing by default - my simple mind figured that it would go in the black port, but to no avail.

In the pictures from the other post I made I have the available ports in the back. Not sure what I need as far as a switch or an adapter. Really don't know much about this.

not what i was after i was wondering how your speakers connected to your pc because it would be best if you connected them directly to the xbox. Also you may be able to plug the xbox into the monitor speakers, if the monitor has speakers.

not what i was after i was wondering how your speakers connected to your pc because it would be best if you connected them directly to the xbox. Also you may be able to plug the xbox into the monitor speakers, if the monitor has speakers.

The monitor has speakers - I'm assuming .... I can turn the volume up and down on the monitor itself - so I'm assuming it has the ability to produce sound - however I've never done it.

I have recently moved, so a lot of my cables and such have been buried. I did however find the following that I think, based on your opinions, might help me.

Adapter 1

Adapter 2

Adapter 3

My Creative speakers don't have a jack for headphones, although I do have some Logitech speakers in the basement that the main speaker has a jack to plug into with headphones - not sure if that will work or not, and really dont want to take my current speakers down and replace with the old. I have 2 cheapo speakers that I picked up when I worked out of town, that have a mic/headphone jack that I could possibly plug into... not sure if that would work either.

What do you think about the adapters? Could they be my cure-all? The little square one came from an old sound card that I no longer have - but thought since it has just the red and white on one side, and the other three colors on the other, that might help? I really have no idea. I'm an audio cable noob.

For audio use the method Dan The Gamer linked. I used this method for audio, but since you already have the cable to do the method in the provided link no need to buy more things.

After you connect it to your monitor, you go into the 360 Video settings to change the display.

Side note: What the colors mean on sound cards.

You want to use the Light Blue port for Stereo Line In or Pink port for Microphone. The Light Blue port would be a better option to use however.

Edited by AZNguyen

For audio use the method Dan The Gamer linked. I used this method for audio, but since you already have the cable to do the method in the provided link no need to buy more things.

After you connect it to your monitor, you go into the 360 Video settings to change the display.

Side note: What the colors mean on sound cards.

You want to use the Light Blue port for Stereo Line In or Pink port for Microphone. The Light Blue port would be a better option to use however.

SUCCESS!

Here's what I did - since I have win7 I had to make due with the instructions. Basically, I plugged the cord I bought last night into the back mic (pink) port - I have two - one in front and one in back.

I then went to speaker properties, saw that the mic was plugged in (usually I use the mic on my Logitech cam - USB) and went to the advanced section of it. I went to LISTEN tab, and checked the box - use this device to listen. Then I chose my speakers for playback, and VOILA! It worked!

Thanks everyone so much for all of your help. Now I can finally rock out some BF3!!

Still not sure why the speakers on my monitor don't work - or if they even exist, but they do appear in the sound settings. Oh well. Different problem for a different day. I'm one happy camper now!

Plugging into the blue port didn't work for me, but I'm sure there is a setting I have to change for it. Until then, I will just rock out with the back mic. Thanks again!

The video works fine. The only problem is that I can't fix the resolution on the monitor - not sure how to do that.

As you are using VGA to connect to monitor (i.e. analog connection), you can't set different resolution for the monitor.

If it were digital connection, then you could have.

Thanks for the followup! I got the resolution fixed via xbox like all the suggestions said.

I plugged the 3mm into the pink mic port at the back. But I had to change a setting in the sound settings to "listen" using the speakers, instead of transit noise. Never knew about that feature. Now if only I had an HDMI adapter to plug into the computer for the xbox! :)

Thanks everyone for the help