Xbox to my Samsung

Brewski

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It works folks. One thing I didn't consider is the length of the audio cable.... too short to reach my computer, but in the mean time, I will order a much longer one. Thanks everyone for the help!

Ah, its nice to know. Enjoy your setup.

DVI to VGA, it works. And they are cheap adapters.

I remember I was wondering about this ages ago but some guy told me that it wouldn't work because the two signals are different and it would require signal converters... I guess he was somewhat right cause there's four types of DVI :/

The video works fine. The only problem is that I can't fix the resolution on the monitor - not sure how to do that.

Also, I get no audio whatsoever. I bought a Stereo male to stereo female speaker extension cord to plug into what I bought from monoprice for the length, however, regardless of the combo I still don't get any audio. Any suggestions? I've included pictures below. No matter which port I plug the stereo into, I still don't get any sound. :(

Cord Hookup

The on-board sound hookup

Computer Hardware Summary

Motherboard Summary

Audio Summary

Not sure if any of that matters, but if any of you have any suggestions as to where I need to plug into/how to get the sound to work, I would really, really, appreciate it. Thanks in advance!!

What speakers do you have?

Also have you got all the software for your on board sound installed? You should be able to get the mic to function as a line in but plugging directly to your speakers would be better. Also means you wouldn't need your pc on.

Resolution should auto detect but I don't think it's managing that because of your adapters. However system settings then display settings or something or other on the Xbox should give you the option to change. And another thing is turn the xbox on and as it turns on hold y and right trigger to default display settings and restart Xbox if that don't work go into the Xbox settings and manually adjust.