Xbox to my Samsung

Brewski

Hi all, I want to know if it's possible to connect my xbox to my current setup.

Right now I'm running a GTX460 with a Samsung SyncMaster P2770 (70000:1 - if that matters?)

I also have a 19 inch Acer next to it. What I want to do, is put my xbox into my desk and play using the Samsung monitor. On the back, I have the following:

Power

DVI - IN (not used)

HDMI - IN (currently used by video card)

Audio-Out (Not used)

Digital Audio-Out (not used)

Is there a way to get my xbox hooked up? Keep in mind, I'm working with a first gen xbox 360 - no HDMI - just the A/V jack is available.

Is there a splitter, or an adapter that would work with my setup so I can get picture on my screen and audio through my speakers (5.1 Creative) ?

Any information would be very helpful. Thank you in advance!

post-89483-0-03951500-1347747918_thumb.jpg

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a 360 cable that lets you output to VGA, then you would just need a VGA to DVI adapter. For audio if your sound card has a line-in for Red/White audio you can use that. Or you can buy a cheap RCA to 3.5mm converter and hook up headphones or PC speakers directly to it.

There is a 360 cable that lets you output to VGA, then you would just need a VGA to DVI adapter. For audio if your sound card has a line-in for Red/White audio you can use that. Or you can buy a cheap RCA to 3.5mm converter and hook up headphones or PC speakers directly to it.

Awesome, I will check monoprice or best buy. monoprice would probably be 10x cheaper. Thanks for the info.

And, OP should have DVI to VGA converter which already came with the graphics card. So, he only need to buy the RCA to 3.5mm converter cable.

And, OP should have DVI to VGA converter which already came with the graphics card. So, he only need to buy the RCA to 3.5mm converter cable.

It really depends on what DVI type his monitor has. My monitors have DVI-D (dual link) and most of the video card adapters I get with cards are DVI-I (dual link). DVI-I won't fit in a DVI-D slot, but DVI-D can fit in a DVI-I slot.

Picture of DVI types

It really depends on what DVI type his monitor has. My monitors have DVI-D (dual link) and most of the video card adapters I get with cards are DVI-I (dual link). DVI-I won't fit in a DVI-D slot, but DVI-D can fit in a DVI-I slot.

Picture of DVI types

That won't be a concern here as OP will use VGA as the connector medium.

I don't see how a VGA to DVI cable would work, isn't one analogue and one digital?

Use of DVI to VGA converter will do.

Wait a minute.. You are talking about VGA to DVI connection. :ph34r:

I'm confused.

Edited by d6bmg